PDA

View Full Version : how to dismantle ICA Juwel lens board?

manggokhs
13-Jun-2013, 20:45

Simple question: how should I get the lens board off? I couldn't figure it out for an hour or so. the knob just turns around within the angle of 120 degrees, and that's all I could find out.

Tim Deming
13-Jun-2013, 21:03
Did you look at it from the back of the lens board? Once you remove the ground glass back, the attachment of the lens/board should be apparent

Cheers

Tim

manggokhs
14-Jun-2013, 00:18
Did you look at it from the back of the lens board? Once you remove the ground glass back, the attachment of the lens/board should be apparent

Cheers

Tim

umm... I dont get it :p

would you explain it more concretely?

Tim Deming
14-Jun-2013, 04:41
Your picture show the lens from the front. Look at it from the back side (looking in from the rear of the camera). The attachment of the board is likely from the back side.

How's that?

Tim

Sevo
14-Jun-2013, 05:38
The Juwel has a interchangeable lens. My memories are vague, but I seem to remember Juwel lenses on camera fairs looking rather like any loose lens in shutter, so the "lens board" might (pretty much like the Bergheil mounts) be some small round affair normally hidden behind the shutter, and the square front panel might not be the interchangeable lens board, but just the permanently attached contraption that holds it. There might be a bayonet mechanism (like on the competing Bergheil) involved, or the knob might be there for a force-lock on a beveled edge (like a Durst LAPLA).

manggokhs
17-Jun-2013, 06:26
The Juwel has a interchangeable lens. My memories are vague, but I seem to remember Juwel lenses on camera fairs looking rather like any loose lens in shutter, so the "lens board" might (pretty much like the Bergheil mounts) be some small round affair normally hidden behind the shutter, and the square front panel might not be the interchangeable lens board, but just the permanently attached contraption that holds it. There might be a bayonet mechanism (like on the competing Bergheil) involved, or the knob might be there for a force-lock on a beveled edge (like a Durst LAPLA).

The Juwel had several design changes through its production, and what you are talking about is a late design with a bayonet mount.

Steven Tribe
20-Jun-2013, 04:49
From the look of the camera, it appears not to have a front standard. The shutter acts as a front standard and lens changes are carried out by putting new cells?

Jim Noel
20-Jun-2013, 08:17
The Juwel does have a bayonet mount. It is probably frozen from lack of use. It should turn about 1/8 turn counterclockwise. Hold the shutter securely and give it a try.

manggokhs
21-Jun-2013, 00:09
The Juwel does have a bayonet mount. It is probably frozen from lack of use. It should turn about 1/8 turn counterclockwise. Hold the shutter securely and give it a try.

do you mean by the 'bayonet', the same type of parts used in Ideal line cameras? if so, this one has a different mechanism. :p

manggokhs
21-Jun-2013, 00:14
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=271211856597

here, this guy uploaded a picture of a dismantled lens board. could it be a clue guys? :-I

Jim Noel
21-Jun-2013, 09:37
I know it is different from the "Ideal".

manggokhs
8-Aug-2013, 09:02

Cheers

Tim

....Now I get it!!!! Thank you very much!