PDA

View Full Version : viewfinder app for walker 8X10 pinhole ?

RodgerThePhotographer
21-May-2013, 17:33
Anyone find a good one for an iphone? I've listened to the Ilford video but I can't understand which one was reported to use.
Thanks,
Rodger

Bob Mann
21-May-2013, 18:48
Anyone find a good one for an iphone? I've listened to the Ilford video but I can't understand which one was reported to use.
Thanks,
Rodger

Viewfinder Pro could be the one -

RodgerThePhotographer
22-May-2013, 17:06
Viewfinder Pro could be the one -

Thanks Bob, I've sent them an email for inquiry last night. Haven't heard back yet.
Artemis won't work, btw.

Dave Gesell
22-May-2013, 17:20
Viewfinder Pro is great, however, unless you use a wide angle lens attachment on the iPhone, you won't be able to see the full view of the 150mm lens on 8x10, as the iPhone has an angle of view roughly equivalent to a 35mm in 135 terms.

RodgerThePhotographer
23-May-2013, 19:30
Its really been an ADD kinda day. Of course, thunk, a wide angle attachment together with the app! Thanks so much. Picking up an i5 this weekend, then I'll start looking for one.
Any recommendations from anyone? Olloclip? I'm just needing it for viewing.
Rodger

RodgerThePhotographer
26-May-2013, 22:07
Looks like the original direction to viewfinder pro is the way to go; excerpt from email follows...
"Viewfinder Pro supports creating custom cameras and backs (up to a 1m x 1m film/sensor size), so you can simulate the Walker 8x10 by setting up one (with the 150mm lens).
Instructions on how can you set this up can be found on page 29-35 in the Viewfinder Handbook...."
Won't know yet if it will give me the 97 something degrees of view but we'll get there one way or another.
Thanks All!