PDA

View Full Version : GND filter holder adapter for 110mm filter size

Dwarak Calayampundi
16-May-2013, 04:42
Hi,

I am planning to buy a 72mm Schneider lens for which I would require a centre filter and would also like to use GND filters with this setup. The front thread size of the centre filter is 110mm for which I do not think Lee makes any adapters. What do people do use gnd filters when they have to use the centre filter with the 72mm lens. I use a 4x5 chamonix camera. Your help is appreciated...

vinny
16-May-2013, 05:40
Larger filter system than the lee like the cokin z pro or whatever.

Dwarak Calayampundi
16-May-2013, 05:42
I think the z pro is the same size as the lee filter system which takes 4x5 size filters.

JeRuFo
16-May-2013, 08:22
I think Vinny meant to say the X-pro system, those are bigger and will fit.

You could also try and ask Lee, they do sell some specialty stuff that isn't on their website and they might have a solution (maybe a ring for their SW150-system?). But that's probably going to be more costly.

Dwarak Calayampundi
16-May-2013, 13:16
I think Vinny meant to say the X-pro system, those are bigger and will fit.

You could also try and ask Lee, they do sell some specialty stuff that isn't on their website and they might have a solution (maybe a ring for their SW150-system?). But that's probably going to be more costly.

Hi thanks for the tip I checked the lee website they make to order adaptor rings so if I give them the size they can make it.

vinny
16-May-2013, 13:24
Hi thanks for the tip I checked the lee website they make to order adaptor rings so if I give them the size they can make it.
don't forget about vignetting, which you'll get when adding stuff to the front of that lens.

Dwarak Calayampundi
16-May-2013, 13:27
don't forget about vignetting, which you'll get when adding stuff to the front of that lens.

Thanks I am aware of this issue as I also use 35mm and use 16mm focal length this is an issue if I add more than 1 filter