PDA

View Full Version : Holes on the base of a 7x17" Korona

Jimmy Peguet
13-Jun-2004, 05:59
Could anybody explain what are the four holes with metallic plates under the base of an old 7x17" Korona banquet camera used for ? I guess they could be used to mount another wooden or metallic piece which would rigidify the camera when unfolded, but I'm not really sure.

Thank you for your explanations.

RichardRitter
13-Jun-2004, 06:14
They are for rail supports. The camera at one point in time had two supports that were 16 inches long and had two screw heads sticking up that slide into the openings. You could always make your own. Most people work with the camera without the supports. They do help to make the camera more stable.

Jimmy Peguet
13-Jun-2004, 08:55
Thank you, Richard. It should be easy to make such a support to help the front focusing frame when using heavy lenses.

David G. Gagnon
13-Jun-2004, 18:17
An option to making your supports would be to purchase some from dagor77 on ebay. He evidently has these made and sells them, as he's sold too many of them for all of them to original Korona parts.

Good Luck.

DG

CXC
15-Jun-2004, 14:26
BTW dagor77 seems to have transmogrified himself into scotfreeauctions.

CP Goerz
5-Jul-2004, 14:21
Hey there,

I had a woodworker with about 40 years of experience make some of the supports from a really ancient piece of cherrywood which I indeed sold on Ebay. I have sold them all and they weren't worth the effort so won't be making anymore sadly.

I do have another little 'company' called scotfreeauctions on Ebay where I sell stuff that other people bring to me. When selling under the dagor77 name I was bombarded by my lazy/computer illiterate friends to sell stuff for them. At one time fully half the stuff I sold wasn't mine and I found myself spending a lot of time doing it. At that point I realized that a seperate company that charged a fee was the best way to go, hence scotfreeauctions.

I don't have anything on Ebay right now as prices are so low it just isn't worth selling anything and outside work has been keeping me more than busy(assorted shoots and projects).

cp goerz.