PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Septums for Grafmatic holder

Rayt
10-May-2013, 21:14
I bought two Grafmatic holders from KEH and they arrived without septums. I wrongly assumed they would be included. Anyway I need 12 but more the better. I am in Hong Kong. Thanks, Ray

Jim Andrada
10-May-2013, 21:26
I think you RIGHTLY assumed they would be included - selling a Grafmatic without the septums is like selling a lens without the glass or a car without the wheels- any reasonable person would expect the septums to be included as the Grafmatic can't work without them - unless it said clearly that they weren't included I think you have a legitimate beef with KEH and should get in touch and ask where your septums (septa???) are and when they're going to send them to you.

Bill Burk
10-May-2013, 22:59
Agree with Jim Andrada. You should check with KEH on their return/adjustment policy. I have occasionally found septums for sale, so I have bought them. When I travel, I always carry extra because, sometimes they get bent and it's best to have replacements handy.

Michael_4514
11-May-2013, 07:19
I think KEH will take them back. There are a couple of septums for sale on fleabay right now, but at nearly $10 a pop, that's a tough way to put together a set.

E. von Hoegh
11-May-2013, 07:22
I bought two Grafmatic holders from KEH and they arrived without septums. I wrongly assumed they would be included. Anyway I need 12 but more the better. I am in Hong Kong. Thanks, Ray

Send them back to KEH, they're incomplete.

Fotoguy20d
11-May-2013, 07:27
Yes. Send them back! Demand KEH cover the cost of shipping (I doubt they'll give you grief over it). That should have been disclosed.

Dan

catalinajack
11-May-2013, 15:38
I have a spare set of 6 septums I can part with.

Shootar401
18-May-2013, 22:18
Selling something incomplete or broken sounds like something Adorama would do, but KEH? I'd say send them back, or ask if they might have become separated and if they can send them if thats the case.

jonreid
19-May-2013, 00:50
http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?103468-FS-4x5-Grafmatic-Septum-(plural-whatever-that-is)

HT Finley
19-May-2013, 10:11
There's a guy on APUG right now selling them cheap.