PDA

View Full Version : Info needed on Agfa graphics arts films

Ian Greenhalgh
8-May-2013, 01:44
Hi folks

In my never-ending quest for cheap sheet film I picked up some boxes of Agfa graphics arts film, but I can't seem to find any info on the net.

Gevarex Contone Film .0064 G0230p
Copyline HD Film HDU1p
Litex Premium Camera Film 0811p

If anyone has any info on these, would be much appreciated, particularly speed, contrast level, sensitivity, I'm guessing they are all ortho as the boxes say either bright red or dark red safelight.

exEnron
8-Jul-2014, 13:42
You have acquired some discontf5inued graphic arts from a division of Agfa that no longer exists. The Lites 0811p is a 4mil high contrast, very high resolution film normally used for direct screen halftone and high quality line/type reproduction for offset printing. To get the most out of it you need the discontinued Resox developer although it may be developed in a normal lith chemistry at a developing time reduced by40%. Do not use Kodak lith developer. It gives poor results. I think you might be able to find the formulary online but the trouble might not be worth it. Do not develop it in any rapid access chemistry. However, the HDU1p is made specifically for rapid access but might also work in lith developer. It is also a graphic arts film but lower resolution than the Litex products. I do not know anything about the contone film. All the film bases are polyester noted by the last letter p in the name. Good luck. Let me know what you do with it. And if nothing else you could sell it to recycle the silver. The HDU1p has the highest silver content.

exEnron
8-Jul-2014, 14:17
You have acquired some discontf5inued graphic arts from a division of Agfa that no longer exists. The Lites 0811p is a 4mil high contrast, very high resolution film normally used for direct screen halftone and high quality line/type reproduction for offset printing. To get the most out of it you need the discontinued Resox developer although it may be developed in a normal lith chemistry at a developing time reduced by40%. Do not use Kodak lith developer. It gives poor results. I think you might be able to find the formulary online but the trouble might not be worth it. Do not develop it in any rapid access chemistry. However, the HDU1p is made specifically for rapid access but might also work in lith developer. It is also a graphic arts film but lower resolution than the Litex products. I do not know anything about the contone film. All the film bases are polyester noted by the last letter p in the name. Good luck. Let me know what you do with it. And if nothing else you could sell it to recycle the silver. The HDU1p has the highest silver content.