PDA

View Full Version : Amazing lens and camera collection in China

Lachlan 717
7-May-2013, 00:29
His lenses. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9QndnS9DT4)

His cameras. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmTMtRKYEes)

I'm pretty jealous...

welly
7-May-2013, 00:41
You and me both.

Jody_S
7-May-2013, 06:01
And this is why I ship internationally... This man is of course buying higher-end gear, not the junk that I sell. But there are quite a few collectors in China, most of them nouveau-riche.

Cletus
7-May-2013, 06:32
Meh. I seen better. :D

Michael W
7-May-2013, 06:43
I liked how he has had the common experiences of pulling the wrong dark slide and also double exposing a sheet.

jb7
7-May-2013, 06:48
And this is why I ship internationally... This man is of course buying higher-end gear, not the junk that I sell. But there are quite a few collectors in China, most of them nouveau-riche.

I could easily deal with being nouveau riche, I could get used to in in an instant. Much better than toujours pauvre. Still not used to it, after a lifetime...

vinny
7-May-2013, 07:10
more $$$ than........

Mark Sawyer
7-May-2013, 10:38
Interesting to hear about familiar lenses in a different culture. I knew the Universal Heliar was revered in Japan, but didn't know it is still referred to as the "King Lens" because it photographed so many royal families and politicians through the decades.

Then again, how much can one trust a translation. From the narration...

"As you can see... the center of the picture is clear, but as we come to the outer parts, the picture starts to blur. He says this is due to the characteristics of a portrait lens combined with a printing technology called cyanotype which involves ultraviolet light and platinum salts."

Michael Clark
7-May-2013, 19:51
The guy doing the talking did not know to much about Large format photography, but did give an interesting interview.

petetsai
7-May-2013, 21:18
Very cool! I was just out in Beijing doing 8x10 work, wish I knew him while I was out there!