PDA

View Full Version : Fuji Velvia 50 in room temp in the holders

gmed
6-May-2013, 10:40
I loaded some fuji velvia 50's in the film holders in January, but I only used 2-3 of them, but I left the rest in the holders and have placed them in cool part of my house. Will I be ok to use them?

what do you do with un-used film? do you place back in the fridge? Im not sure if that is possible

Gevork

SpeedGraphicMan
6-May-2013, 10:43
Should be fine... Only one way too find out!

Most modern color emulsions are fairly resistant to color shifts.
It only becomes a problem with age or prolonged exposure to extreme temperatures (Well maybe not extreme, but in the 80-90+ F range).

Remember we process Velvia at a farily high temperature!

JeRuFo
6-May-2013, 11:25
I wouldn't expect any problem, especially if the film was fresh. If it's for something important I wouldn't risk it.

Moisture might be a factor in wet climates if you have taken the holder with you a few times?

Unused film is an incentive for me to get out the door. I just go out and take a good long walk 'til I find something to shoot.

timparkin
6-May-2013, 12:29
I loaded some fuji velvia 50's in the film holders in January, but I only used 2-3 of them, but I left the rest in the holders and have placed them in cool part of my house. Will I be ok to use them?

what do you do with un-used film? do you place back in the fridge? Im not sure if that is possible

Gevork

I wouldn't leave it out of the fridge for any longer than 6 or 7 years...

gmed
6-May-2013, 13:24
it has been in individual zip lock bags, in 70 degrees temp. in my closet or my office which harly eer gets a lot of sun light.

I think it should be ok. I just hate to waste it. I went to Yosemite, and Got to shoot only 2 slides. rest was with digital. Now I plan to go to the Sierras next month. Very excited.