PDA

View Full Version : Tominon in "Copal Polaroid"

gliderbee
6-May-2013, 03:32
I have bought this lens because it works perfect and was cheap, and because I hoped I could make good use of the shutter.

Please have a look at the pictures.

94606 94607

Since I'm much better at disassembling things then assembling them (back) :o, I have a few questions:

Can I take the lens out buy simply unscrewing the retaining ring at the front ? Should I disassemble from the back also ?

Can I e.g. put a G-Claron 150 in there, supposing the diameter is correct ? Is it simply a matter of removing front and back of the Tominon and putting front and back of the G-Claron in place ?

Thanks,
Stefan.

Pete Watkins
6-May-2013, 09:08
Hi Stefan,
I can't remember which Tominons I have but I know that all mine just screw into the front of the Polaroid Copal shutter that I use with them. If you have a G-Claron in barrel just accuratly measure the distance between the front of the front cell and the back of the rear cell while they are in the barrel and ensure that the same distance is maintained when you try them in the shutter. Remember that a lot of Polaroid shutters don't have any aperture adjustment as Tominon lenses have their own aperture adjustment built in.
Pete.

Ian Greenhalgh
6-May-2013, 09:19
This one is in shutter rather than mounted on the front. You can see the shutter's aperture in the first pic, so what you have there is a fairly standard shutter. I say 'fairly' because I think there may be a restriction on the max opening of the aperture and there may be a slight difference in the cell spacing distance too, but I'm not sure on that.

I am not sure if this is a #0 or #1 size, and I can't recall now what size the G-Claron 9/150 needs. You are correct in that you would have to remove both front and back Tominon cells and replace them with the G-Claron cells.

E. von Hoegh
6-May-2013, 10:19
I have bought this lens because it works perfect and was cheap, and because I hoped I could make good use of the shutter.

Please have a look at the pictures.

94606 94607

Since I'm much better at disassembling things then assembling them (back) :o, I have a few questions:

Can I take the lens out buy simply unscrewing the retaining ring at the front ? Should I disassemble from the back also ?

Can I e.g. put a G-Claron 150 in there, supposing the diameter is correct ? Is it simply a matter of removing front and back of the Tominon and putting front and back of the G-Claron in place ?

Thanks,
Stefan.

No, don't touch that ring - as you can see, it's locked by the screw at 10:00~ o'clock - this ring holds the front plate of the shutter.
Just unscrew the front and rear cells, measure the distance between the surfaces the cells seat upon, and if this distance is the same as that on the barrel your G-Claron is in, you're all set.