PDA

View Full Version : LF photographs wanted for ESC4P website

Laura_Campbell
3-May-2013, 07:27
Eastern Sierra Center for Photography (ESC4P) could use your help. We're interested in providing an online gallery of large format photographs on the ESC4P website to help educate the public about large format photography. We're inviting you to submit your work for inclusion on our website.

If you're interested, you can send them to me, and I'll upload them to our website: http://esc4p.org/ (http://esc4p.org)

Please email eyelovefilm [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com
Please send the following info:

- your name.
- link to your personal, custom domain (ie www.lauracampbellfineart.com)
- 3 photos (photographs submitted must be made with a large format camera).
- please include titles of photographs.
- please include your camera info and any other tech details you'd like to provide, such as lens, developer, printing process, etc.
- please submit images that are 700 pixels on the long side at 72dpi.
- Please put ESC4P Online Gallery in the subject line

Thanks for your help!

http://esc4p.org/ (http://esc4p.org)

Kirk Gittings
3-May-2013, 10:50
Sure, Im too busy right now to think about it but in the next couple of weeks

Laura_Campbell
3-May-2013, 13:34
Cool beans! Thank you, Kirk!

Steve Sherman
3-May-2013, 15:24
Are you looking for images only of the E Sierra?? Will be glad to help.

Cheers!!

Drew Wiley
3-May-2013, 16:17
Yes, please clarify... are you looking for specifically east-side Sierra material? I've got tons of that LF, but would have to run
dedicated scans of select items.

Laura_Campbell
3-May-2013, 19:30
Thanks Steve and Drew! No, I'm not looking specifically for east-side Sierra material. Subject matter is open. Select your favorites and submit those. Thanks for your interest in helping out! -- L

Laura_Campbell
4-May-2013, 08:15
I was asked whether images made with a digital back are okay to submit for inclusion on the esc4p website. Yes, any image is acceptable as long as it was made with a large format camera. :-)

Laura_Campbell
5-May-2013, 16:57
Thanks to all the photographers who have sent me images for the ESC4P website. Keep 'em coming!

Laura_Campbell
9-May-2013, 13:06
The LF online gallery is published on the ESC4P website. If you'd like to have your images included, drop me a line. Instructions are at the beginning of this thread. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me.

LF gallery on ESC4P:
http://esc4p.org/?page_id=393

Drew Wiley
9-May-2013, 14:01
All the images are coming up square - doesn't that conjure up an initial impression of MF rather than LF?

Laura_Campbell
9-May-2013, 14:25
All the images are coming up square - doesn't that conjure up an initial impression of MF rather than LF?

When you click on the image, it will enlarge in a lightbox. Those instructions are above the list of photographers. Point well taken -- I'll see what I can do. I'm not sure I can alter the square thumbnail to show a rectangle (Wordpress gallery) but I'll look into it tonight.

I'm not sure that the square thumbs would conjure up an initial impression of MF rather than LF in the minds of non-photographers. If visitors take the time to read the introduction, it's all about LF. The idea here is to educate the public and I'm not sure too many are educated about the different camera formats. However, we certainly are as photographers. ;-)

vinny
9-May-2013, 14:36

no, but there might suddenly be a demand for 8x8 inch cameras:)

DennisD
9-May-2013, 15:09
no, but there might suddenly be a demand for 8x8 inch cameras:)

(Not to mention 8"x8" film holders.)

Laura_Campbell
9-May-2013, 15:34
I'm researching the square thumbnail issue, and from what I've read, images in Wordpress have to be uploaded at the time that settings are changed, if they are to be displayed differently than square. That means reuploading everything. Ugh. I'll have to save that for a future project on a rainy day. Vinny, are you sending me stuff?

Drew Wiley
9-May-2013, 16:27
Thanks, Laura. No big deal... just a suggestion. But yeah, I'll probably send you something. But it will be couple weeks. Pretty tangled in calibrating the big enlarger
for the season at the moment, and gotta get some fresh work framed and out the door first...

Laura_Campbell
9-May-2013, 17:37
Thanks, Laura. No big deal... just a suggestion. But yeah, I'll probably send you something. But it will be couple weeks. Pretty tangled in calibrating the big enlarger
for the season at the moment, and gotta get some fresh work framed and out the door first...

Thanks Drew! Sounds good!

Andrew O'Neill
9-May-2013, 18:36
Looks great Laura! Thank you for including some of my work.

Laura_Campbell
10-May-2013, 00:00
Looks great Laura! Thank you for including some of my work.

Thanks for providing a few, Andrew! Beautiful work, btw. :-)

jackies
10-May-2013, 04:58
Hi Laura,

I will be sending my images next week. It has been a whirlwind the past couple of weeks for me.

Jackie

Laura_Campbell
10-May-2013, 09:25
Hi Laura,

I will be sending my images next week. It has been a whirlwind the past couple of weeks for me.

Jackie

Thanks Jackie! Hope it's warming up there! I think you'd be impressed with this year's veggie garden. I'll send ya pics when the lettuce takes off. :-)

David Higgs
13-May-2013, 11:45
I've posted some images from the UK, is that ok?

Laura_Campbell
13-May-2013, 14:08
I've posted some images from the UK, is that ok?

Yes, anywhere in the world! Got 'em David, and I've uploaded them to the gallery page. Thank you!

Merg Ross
15-May-2013, 14:51
Laura, you will be receiving three from the East side --- a couple of familiar places!

Best,
Merg

Laura_Campbell
15-May-2013, 15:03
Laura, you will be receiving three from the East side --- a couple of familiar places!

Best,
Merg

Yay! Awesome, Merg! Can't wait to see them! Thank you!