PDA

View Full Version : Removing Lapla (?) from lens

gliderbee
30-Apr-2013, 23:41
Hi,

I have this old enlarger lens with came with my Durst 138. I have a newer enlarger lens now (I asked about these lenses in another thread) and I would like to use the adapter of the old lens, but I can't get it off the old one.

There are two very small screws, one on the outside of the adapter, one on the inside (please see attached pictures); loosening these seems to loosen things up a bit, but the lens does not come off (I removed the rear element first; that's no problem).

How should I proceed ? Can it even be removed or is it meant to be a "permanent" adapter ?

I'm not even sure about the name of the adapter; I never understood all those Durst names ...

Thanks,
Stefan.

Ian Greenhalgh
30-Apr-2013, 23:47
My Componon 150 is M39 and is also a silver one like yours. I'm betting you need to undo the set screws in the black conical bit then it will unscrew. Are you sure the new lens will be any better? These older Componons are excellent lenses and if it isn't wanting to budge, might be wise just to stick with it.

gliderbee
1-May-2013, 00:07
Maybe you are right, but I would like to give the new one at least a fair try :). It's a Rodenstock Rodagon 180 f:5.6.

I completely undid the set screws, but as I said, things are loosening but not coming apart, and I don't dare to force it, so I would first like to know if it is at all possible without dismantling the lens completely, and if it's the correct way to do it.

Thanks,
Stefan.

My Componon 150 is M39 and is also a silver one like yours. I'm betting you need to undo the set screws in the black conical bit then it will unscrew. Are you sure the new lens will be any better? These older Componons are excellent lenses and if it isn't wanting to budge, might be wise just to stick with it.

thomas ciulei
1-May-2013, 02:43
loosening the screws (you can unscrew them all the way)should be all you need to do for the cone to unscrew (counter-clockwise)
there might be some slight oxidation there, so that would be the reason for your difficultys