PDA

View Full Version : KMV lensboard and Kodak 2D

tenderobject
28-Apr-2013, 17:14
Hello guys,

The KMV 8x10 and Kodak 2D has the same lensboard dimension?
Would anyone can confirm this? I'm trying to have a custom lensboard for my KMV 8x10. My budget is a bit stretched right now so i can't afford the ones from sk and the others. So, a temporary board would be fine with me. Plus the shutter for my lens is a bit different than the copal 1 hole, so it's better for me to have a custom board for the camera. Anyone can recommend a maker? I've tried zbima1 but he is a bit busy relocating his workshop.

thank you!

William Whitaker
28-Apr-2013, 18:05
The KMV 8x10 and Kodak 2D has the same lensboard dimension?

No.

tenderobject
28-Apr-2013, 19:24
thank you!

civich
28-Apr-2013, 20:45
A DIY KMV lens board suggestion from a previous thread:

You can order 6x6x1/16" aluminum plates from some place like OnlineMetals.com, drill (or have bored) your lens hole, spray the inside surface flat black and you are in business for very little cash outlay. This home-brew lensboard stays light tight as long as it's not bent. If you want to get fancy glue 1/8" strips of self-stick velcro fuzz on the back for a light trap, drill some centerline points on the front and have Sherwin Williams match the Kodak brown color of an original lens board to paint the front, dot the centerline points with red enamel and you got a Faux Kodak Master 8x10 lensboard that any lens would be proud to wear. -Chris

tenderobject
28-Apr-2013, 21:21
thank you! so the dimension is 6x6 also like the kodak 2d? very confused.

A DIY KMV lens board suggestion from a previous thread:

You can order 6x6x1/16" aluminum plates from some place like OnlineMetals.com, drill (or have bored) your lens hole, spray the inside surface flat black and you are in business for very little cash outlay. This home-brew lensboard stays light tight as long as it's not bent. If you want to get fancy glue 1/8" strips of self-stick velcro fuzz on the back for a light trap, drill some centerline points on the front and have Sherwin Williams match the Kodak brown color of an original lens board to paint the front, dot the centerline points with red enamel and you got a Faux Kodak Master 8x10 lensboard that any lens would be proud to wear. -Chris

Mark Sawyer
28-Apr-2013, 23:22
The KMV is arguably the best 8x10 ever, its only peccadillo being that odd custom lensboard.

Click on Will's "An Old Master with a New Trick" link. A very cool solution! I took a simpler route, converting my KMV's front standard to take a 6x6 board, as that also fits my 2D, Noba, and Burke & James.

tenderobject
28-Apr-2013, 23:38
Thank you Mark. Will check that thread.

I'm very happy i ended up with a very nice KMV that i got here instead of the Dorff i'm was eyeing here last time. Blessing in disguise.

If i had extra funds i would definately get the lensboard from Michael or SKGrimes but too many stuff needed attention first than the lensboard so i temporary board would be fine with me. :D I'll have to see which one i could get soon.

The KMV is arguably the best 8x10 ever, its only peccadillo being that odd custom lensboard.

Click on Will's "An Old Master with a New Trick" link. A very cool solution! I took a simpler route, converting my KMV's front standard to take a 6x6 board, as that also fits my 2D, Noba, and Burke & James.

civich
29-Apr-2013, 05:42
Tender,
I'm not familiar with the 2D but 6"x6" is a common size for 8x10 and larger camera lens boards. But, the 1/16" thickness is critical for proper engagement by the KMV lens board retainer clips. -Chris

thank you! so the dimension is 6x6 also like the kodak 2d? very confused.

ImSoNegative
29-Apr-2013, 05:45
I think Kodak was notorious for not being "common" when it came to sizes of things, are they not the one that had the 620 spools? though I have to admit I got pretty fast transferring film from 120 to 620 when I had my medalist :rolleyes:

tenderobject
29-Apr-2013, 06:05
thank you chris!

Tender,
I'm not familiar with the 2D but 6"x6" is a common size for 8x10 and larger camera lens boards. But, the 1/16" thickness is critical for proper engagement by the KMV lens board retainer clips. -Chris

Bachelier
19-May-2013, 20:40
Hello, I have two KMV lensboards to sell. One with Copal 3 hole (new, made on the USA), one with Ilex 4 houle (Kodak original). 50€ each + shipping. I live on Paris, France.