PDA

View Full Version : "Big Silver Gelatin Print" Kickstarter

AndreaZ
24-Apr-2013, 16:10
Receive discounted big silver gelatin prints (up to 48" wide) directly from your digital capture or film scan at the Kickstarter Campaign "The Big Silver Gelatin Prints." (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2019904644/big-silver-gelatin-prints) Hurry the campaign ends May 17, 11:00 EST, 2013
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2019904644/big-silver-gelatin-prints

frotog
25-Apr-2013, 13:50
Your plan to process fb paper in a RT machine will make your workflow a lot faster but will not yield archival results.

Kirk Gittings
25-Apr-2013, 14:30
Your plan to process fb paper in a RT machine will make your workflow a lot faster but will not yield archival results. without additional processing.

AndreaZ
26-Apr-2013, 06:15
Our process is ARCHIVAL!

Our processor is custom built with additional tanks to provide longer development time and wash times. We have worked hand-in-hand with Ilford to make sure our process is archival and meets the highest standards. We have been producing archival prints (up to 20" wide) this way since 2008. Our prints are in collections and museums around the world. Our current customers include Dawoud Bey, Marc Babej, Adam Marelli, Astrid Kirchherr, and many many others.

Kirk Gittings
26-Apr-2013, 10:16
I'm going to give this a try. But understand I am pretty picky. I've had nearly 100 exhibits of my work and am in many museum collections. I'm frankly skeptical. Not about your processing perse but much more about the creative process of getting what I want in a print. Soft proofing profiles might be very useful.

bob carnie
26-Apr-2013, 10:55
Kirk - These prints are the same as my Lambda fibres only they are going larger, the end quality is outstanding. You will be covered by staying in greyscale or Adobe 1998. I am sure they will be printing at 400ppi which puts a bit of a strain on the file that you provide.

I'm going to give this a try. But understand I am pretty picky. I've had nearly 100 exhibits of my work and am in many museum collections. I'm frankly skeptical. Not about your processing perse but much more about the creative process of getting what I want in a print. Soft proofing profiles might be very useful.

Kirk Gittings
26-Apr-2013, 11:12
Thanks Bob.

AndreaZ
28-Apr-2013, 15:46
Thanks Kirk and thanks Bob! What Bob stated is absolutely correct. There is no profile other than Adobe 1998 / grey scale. Because our process is exposure based if your system is properly calibrated "what you see is what you get."

BTW - I have to say that Bob Carnie is a true class act, there is no better lab in Canada than Elevator.

AndreaZ
9-May-2013, 12:58
Only 7 days left in the campaign and we will make our goal. Don't miss this opportunity to get a Big Discount on real silver gelatin fiber or RC prints DIRECTLY from your digital file.