PDA

View Full Version : ULF Lens Mounting

Michael Kadillak
5-Jun-2004, 14:30
Just acquired a 35" Red Dot Artar in barrel for my Wisner 11x14 camera and wondered how to get this on a lensboard to use the lens. The mounting ring that came with the lens (5 1/4") is nearly the same size of the board (5 3/8") and given the fact that the lens board holding bars intrude on the upper and lower sections to hold it in place, they would make contact with the retaining ring. I would guess there are a couple of possibilities. Either a thinner retaining ring or a surface extension above the existing lensboard.

Anyone use these lenses on a Wisner ULF camera? What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

John D Gerndt
5-Jun-2004, 17:25
Michael,

You can build an extension board, sort of the opposite of a recessed lens board. I have had to do this for a couple of lenses whos diameter is larger than the lens board on my Agfa 8x10.

Contact me by direct e-mail if you would like a drawing of what I have done.

Ernest Purdum
5-Jun-2004, 17:27
Many people have squared off the flange, taking care to stay away from the mounting holes, of course. I don't know if that would gain you enough to work or not. The best tool for squaring it off is a disc sander.

Another possibility, if your lensboard is thin enough, is to use the flange on the inside, like the retaining ring for a modern shutter.

jerry brodkey
5-Jun-2004, 17:34
This current auction on eBay solved the same problem for a Canham camera. It probably wouldn't fit your camera but it is interesting:

see item # 3818934992