PDA

View Full Version : Clyde Butcher out West for five months.

Robert Langham
23-Apr-2013, 06:48
He's easy to follow on his facebook page. He and Niki are traveling for five months in the West. They have been in Monument Valley and now at Glenn Canyon area. You might keep an eye out for him if you are in the area.

brianam
23-Apr-2013, 12:16
yep - been following Clyde on fb. he is getting some *awesome skies* and other great landscape opportunities! fun stuff.

Robert Brummitt
23-Apr-2013, 16:43
I met Clyde long ago in Monterey, Calif during the first View Camera festival. I and two friends were photographing in Point Lobos when this bearded gentleman asked if he could join us. We said sure and I remember seeing that giant 11x14 camera being pulled out of its case. Wow! It was like seeing on a wide screen TV compared to my itsy bitsy 4x5. Later, he invited us to visit at his booth at the festival. That was a fun weekend, indeed!

Alan Curtis
25-Apr-2013, 09:11
About a month ago I had the opportunity to visit Clyde's gallery in Venice, FL. His darkroom door was open and I asked permission to look around. It is massive over 2000 sq feet with eight enlargers. I've seen swimming pools smaller than his developing trays. I felt cramped when I returned to my 150 sq foot darkroom. If you are in Venice go by he and his staff are very friendly.