PDA

View Full Version : Large Format Class

Joe Ortola
22-Apr-2013, 00:18
Hello, for those who are new to large format photography, like me, there is a class that is being offered by Calumet in Los Angeles on May 4, 2013. It is titled: Intro to Large Format. This class may be of interest to us novices.
Joe

Robert Langham
22-Apr-2013, 01:17
Wonder who is going to teach that class?

Peter Mounier
22-Apr-2013, 08:12
Looks like LFPF member Robert Oliver is teaching the class. At this late date, it is already full.
http://www.cvent.com/events/intro-to-large-format/event-summary-ad61229edeef46dbabfc8755a4cb176a.aspx?lang=en&sms=2

RichardRitter
22-Apr-2013, 11:00
For those on the east coast there is a Large format class being given at Peters Valley July 5th to the 9th. You don't have to have a camera to attend.

Joe Ortola
22-Apr-2013, 17:58
I'm not sure that the class is full as the indication is that the capacity is 12 and there are 9 remaining as per Peter's link to the web site.

Peter Mounier
22-Apr-2013, 20:19
Oh Sh*t. I read that wrong. I am so sorry. I thought it said in the "Details" that "This class is filled. Please add your name to the wait list". I passed over the "If" at the beginning of the sentence.
Sorry again. I hope that didn't affect those thinking of registering. I hope others can read better than I did. I'll go back and hide in my cave now.

Brian Ellis
23-Apr-2013, 08:55
For those on the east coast there is a Large format class being given at Peters Valley July 5th to the 9th. You don't have to have a camera to attend.

My advice to anyone attending a Peters Valley workshop in July - make sure you insist on getting a downstairs room. The rooms are in old houses scattered around the campus. No air-conditioning. If it's hot you can survive downstairs in some degree of comfort but upstairs is misery. Otherwise a fun place, good food, nice people. I took a more advanced LF workshop there several years ago taught by Tillman Crane, learned a lot, enjoyed my stay except for the upstairs room.