PDA

View Full Version : E-6 Chemistry - Bad?

Jehu
20-Apr-2013, 11:00
I just got my Jobo heated up. I haven't processed E-6 for over 6 months. I use the Arista kit. (I'm open to suggestions for something better)

Anyway, I was just about to mix the chemistry but I noticed that the First Developer has some buildup on the bottom of the bottle. It looks like crystallization.

It comes in bottles measured for a gallon but I only mix for a quart batch. Like I said, it's been a while.

Is this safe to use or should I break out the new box?

RawheaD
20-Apr-2013, 13:19
yeah that happens with my Kodak E-6 First Dev, too. Unless it's excessive, I wouldn't worry too much. I usually just shake the bottle vigorously for a while, then use the chemical as usual, (but making sure th crystals don't get into your working solution).

polyglot
21-Apr-2013, 00:29
If you get all the crystals back into solution, it seems (well, for Fuji E6 chemistry) to work fine.

koh303
21-Apr-2013, 05:11
Tetenal E-6 kit....

Jehu
29-Apr-2013, 12:42
I just happened to be reading through the instructions. It mentions that there may be crystals. Basically, just heat and mix until they're dissolved.

SpeedGraphicMan
29-Apr-2013, 13:06
I just happened to be reading through the instructions. It mentions that there may be crystals. Basically, just heat and mix until they're dissolved.

Bingo!

JeRuFo
3-May-2013, 02:45
You probably stored your chemicals a little too cold. Fuji recommends keeping them at room temperature and warming the chemicals when they have formed. I haven't heard about any negative consequences.