PDA

View Full Version : Zone VI 5x7 Enlarger Type II Replacement Cold Light Available?

SLVRGLTN
18-Apr-2013, 04:20
Where can I find a replacement light for the Zone VI 5x7 enlarger? It needs the lamp and the average costs? Thanks Brian

Oren Grad
18-Apr-2013, 08:31
Have you tried Calumet?

http://www.calumetphoto.com/eng/services/repairs.cfm

redshift
27-Apr-2013, 11:57
Where can I find a replacement light for the Zone VI 5x7 enlarger? It needs the lamp and the average costs? Thanks Brian

Maybe this company can help. Does a lot with Omega but also claims to offer a custom service.

http://www.modernenlargerlamps.com/Welcome.html

Larry Kellogg
24-Aug-2013, 01:40
Hello Brian,
Did you ever figure out a solution for replacing the cold light head on the 5x7 enlarger? I just purchased a Zone VI 5x7 enlarger, Type II, and wonder what I will ever do if the bulb dies. I took a peek in the head tonight and it sure does not look like there is an easy way to replace the bulb. I could not find any markings for the type of bulb, but perhaps I missed it. Does anybody know if a replacement bulb is available somewhere?

Here is a look inside the headL

As an aside, the person who assembled head used three bolts that are too short so it is extremely difficult to bolt the head back together. I don't know how they assembled it in the first place. I gave up in frustration and need to buy three longer bolts to make it right.

Larry

Tony Lakin
24-Aug-2013, 04:24
Hi
I have a Z6 enlarger type 1, a few months ago the blue tube packed up so I decided that given my location I would never be able to source a replacement, great shame but I have removed the Z6 from my darkroom and replaced it with a UK made Devere 504, I still have the Z6 in storage and if you are interested I could remove the green grid if it would be of interest to you or any other forum member, the shipping cost could be prohibitive but if I packed very carefully there is a good chance that it would arrive in good working order.
Other parts available are 4x5 6x6 and 35mm neg carriers, compensating timer etc.

Tony Lakin
24-Aug-2013, 07:06
Photo of 6x6 Z6 MkI neg carrier

RichardRitter
24-Aug-2013, 10:10
Find some one that does neon lights. the blue is Volatrarc's veep blue and the green is Veep green glass tubes.

Ginette
24-Aug-2013, 12:07
Find some one that does neon lights. the blue is Volatrarc's veep blue and the green is Veep green glass tubes.

As Voltarc now merged with Light Sources group as Aristo, maybe ask Mrs Kessler (her email here http://www.light-sources.com/specialty/products/aristo) if they can do remplacement lamps for ZoneVI units, they offer already theses similar 2 color lamps for the Aristo VCL8100. As they didn't sell anymore complete units, maybe they will accept to do others brands too. They will need the unit or a dimensional drawing. See this Aristo topic http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?106365-Aristo-replacement-lamps-need-dimensional-drawings-for-T12-1212-D1414 for more info.

Larry Kellogg
24-Aug-2013, 13:26
Thanks for the information, I have sent Ms.Kessler an email but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt for others to chime in.

Larry

Tony Lakin
25-Aug-2013, 04:24
Digisnaps of VC head.

Jpeg #1 showing the inside of the VC head after removal of the diffuser assembly.

Jpeg #2 showing 1 of 5 posts which screw into the 5 holes visible in Jpeg #1

Jpeg #3 shows the front of the grid assembly after removal.

The grids are held on to the backing plate with one wire at each corner and silicon sealant.

Jpeg #4 shows the back of the grid assembly.

Further digisnaps and info to follow.

Tony Lakin
25-Aug-2013, 04:38

Jpeg #5 detail of corner showing grid retaining wire.

Jpeg #6 shows grids removed from the backing plate and 4 plastic strips which seperate the grids with silicone sealant in between, I have snipped off the wires rather than trying to remove the black plastic sleeves from the diodes, it would be a simple matter to reconnect to the head using wire connectors.

Please feel free to ask for any further info, I will help if I am able.

SLVRGLTN
28-Aug-2013, 16:31
@ Larry I talked to the company who does the Aristo light sources and I think they can do it but I didn't purchase the Zone VI but might in the future! The suggestions the others made are much better than I can suggest on the replacement heads!

I hope the Zone VI gives you lots of great images and last a very long time! They are great enlargers to use!

Good Luck and let us all know how it turns out!

Larry Kellogg
29-Aug-2013, 18:22
Hey Brian,
Could you PM me with some more information on who you talked to that said it could be done? I'm not so certain about that and have been trying to research the issue. Thanks! Larry

Robert Langham
9-Apr-2015, 07:01
I'm having a little shop in Austin take out the tubes and wiring and replace with LED grid. We'll see how it works.