PDA

View Full Version : Technikardan 45 - where to find a replacement spirit level?

Mark Vaughan
2-Jun-2004, 22:59
Hello All,

Thought I'd ask if anyone might have a resource for "older" Linhof Technikardan parts. I've recently purchased a used TK45 (circa 1987), which has been beautifully cared for in every way. Unfortunately, one of the spirit level vials has lost it's fluid. These are the clear vials, with very small air bubbles (not the current yellow vials). I phoned Marflex, and even bothered Bob S., but no luck... I'd put the search for a replacement vial on the back-burner for a while, until I happened across an auction on Ebay today. Listed are (4) older Kardan B vials, which evidently will also fit the Technikardan. I'm tempted to buy them, but they're not exactly right - they have ochre paint on the bottom, and they really deserve to go to someone who needs them for a Kardan. So, I thought to try the Forum - any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Steve Hamley
3-Jun-2004, 06:29
Mark,

I have no idea if these people have what you want, but maybe you'll find somethinghere:

http://www.geier-bluhm.com/

Steve

Bruce M. Herman
3-Jun-2004, 10:53
Try emailing Bob Salomon. He works for HP Marketting and they sell the Linhofs in the US. You might also contact MidWest Photo if you're looking for used levels.

Best wishes.

Mark Vaughan
6-Jun-2004, 11:16
Thanks guys - I've contacted MidWest and they are now working on this for me. And, if they can't find one, may Geier & Bluhm can manufacture a custom vial to fit.

chi cheung
6-Jun-2004, 11:33
Drill a tiny hole at the end, fill the fluid with a needle. then seal it with hot glue. Work like a charm.

john_4520
11-Aug-2004, 18:27
go to www.mscdirect, page 1371 REP.VILE/.0005" Grad. SPI Spirit MACH. Level

might be just what the Dr. ordered

John

Jorge Gasteazoro
11-Aug-2004, 22:12
Marflex does not have them? I am surprised Bob did not direct you to them. If they dont have them, then maybe try e bay germany, they might have some, but of course you will have to read german...good luck.

Bob Salomon
12-Aug-2004, 02:49
" I phoned Marflex, and even bothered Bob S.,"

simdil
5-Jun-2020, 10:50
Hello, has anyone any idea why are the original spare spirit level so expensive (77$ each)?

Bill Burk
5-Jun-2020, 17:49
Drill a tiny hole at the end, fill the fluid with a needle. then seal it with hot glue. Work like a charm.

Mineral Spirits dissolve hot glue. Not a good solution.

However you can remove the old plug and refill. It's time consuming but you can then reseal with a tapered cylindrical nylon plug (I carved down a nylon screw).