PDA

View Full Version : Gowland 8x10

Jack_4301
1-Jun-2004, 09:24
Any suggestions on where to get a used Gowland 8x10 4 1/2lb camera. Anyone have any practical experience with this camera? It seems very weird. I've had sandwiches that weigh more than that. Jack B

David A. Goldfarb
1-Jun-2004, 09:35
That must be the super-light backpacking version, and I think there's someone on this board who has one. I have an earlier more standard version that weighs about 6 lbs. and I've made a few comments about it here (see if a search turns them up) and in the camera reviews section on the main lfphoto.info page under the Gowland 4x5" review.

John Kasaian
1-Jun-2004, 11:11
Jack,

Have you talked to Peter Gowland yet? Sometimes he buys back cameras and rebuilds them---maybe you'll get lucky. Check out his website at www.petergowland.com I have one of his 8x10 aerial cameras.

Cheers!

tim atherton
1-Jun-2004, 11:43
Jack,

Are you looking to get one used so it would be cheaper?

Otherwise I think you can still get them new from Gowland - and it's not a bad price for a featherweight (if somewhat idiosyncratic) 8x10 camera

I think there are also some posts on the camera in the archives (some maybe on Photo.net as it could have been during the time we were over there?)

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00363A

among others