PDA

View Full Version : Rodenstock 90mm f8 Geronar-WA MC Wide Angle Lens on Copal 1 Shutter for 4x5?

Larry Huhn
7-Apr-2013, 14:24
I bought a Rodenstock 90mm f8 Geronar-WA MC Wide Angle Lens on Copal 1 Shutter for 4x5 on eBay. It came without a lens board so I purchased a Copal #1 lens board for my Toyo 4x5. The lens, which says Copal 1 on it, is way too large for the hole on the lens board. The diameter of the lens mount is 60mm and the hole in the lens board is about 42mm.

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve Goldstein
7-Apr-2013, 14:29
The 90mm Geronar-WA is in a custom shutter. While the body is Copal 1, IIRC the required mounting hole is actually Copal 3.

Bob Salomon would be the authority on this, and I welcome his corrections if my memory has faded.

Bob Salomon
7-Apr-2013, 14:31
I bought a Rodenstock 90mm f8 Geronar-WA MC Wide Angle Lens on Copal 1 Shutter for 4x5 on eBay. It came without a lens board so I purchased a Copal #1 lens board for my Toyo 4x5. The lens, which says Copal 1 on it, is way too large for the hole on the lens board. The diameter of the lens mount is 60mm and the hole in the lens board is about 42mm.

Any help would be appreciated.
Post a picture of it or send the image to me at bob@hpmarketingcorp.com

I think you have an extra mount on the back of the shutter for some reason.

Larry Huhn
7-Apr-2013, 16:31
I sent the pictures by email.

Thanks!

Chuck Pere
8-Apr-2013, 07:07
My data sheet agrees with Steve. In Copal 1 but takes a Copal 3 hole.