PDA

View Full Version : schneider-kreuznach xenarthra lens on Crown Graphic

cepwin
7-Apr-2013, 13:57
I just purchased my first LF camera, a Crown Graphic and it comes with a schneider-kreuznach xenarthra lens. I read about other lenses in the manual and they have a level to open the shutter for focusing/composing but this lens doesn't seem to have it. I know I can use "bulb" setting and hold the shutter open but you'd have to use a shutter release all the time to make that practical. What am I missing? It also doesn't appear to have a T (timer mode)? I've included a picture of the lens if that will be helpful.

Thanks!

Dan Fromm
7-Apr-2013, 15:20
See the button at ~ 2 o'clock in the image? That's the press focus button.

To open the lens for focusing, cock the shutter, press the press focus button towards the back of the shutter, and fire the shutter. The shutter will stay open. To close the shutter, cock it again.

cepwin
7-Apr-2013, 16:04
Thanks! That's what I needed to know....I tried it out following your directions and it worked. I'm supposed to have film coming tomorrow so hopefully I'll have time to make a few images.

Thanks again!

See the button at ~ 2 o'clock in the image? That's the press focus button.

To open the lens for focusing, cock the shutter, press the press focus button towards the back of the shutter, and fire the shutter. The shutter will stay open. To close the shutter, cock it again.

Peter Gomena
7-Apr-2013, 17:03
You will find that little lens is a real gem. Sharp as a tack at about f/11. Enjoy!