PDA

View Full Version : I have found some lenses

xoborp
6-Apr-2013, 10:48
And i have no idea what they are from.

One is a dallmeyer Pentac 8inch and has a crown with A.M underneath it, plus 14A/780

On the front inside rim it has F/2.9 as well as N 017015.

On the adjusting rim it has the numbers 11 8 5.6 4 and 2.9

The other has no name but does have the same crown with A.M under it and 14a/780

Again on the adjusting rim 11 8 5.6 4 and 2.9.

On inside the front rim F=8'' F/2.9 160462

Any idea fellas, as i am going to be selling them and want to get the best price for them.

Thanks

Steven Tribe
6-Apr-2013, 11:01
These are made for the Air Ministry under contract 14A/780.

Due to massive production, bomb damage and new production sites, these were made by many sub-contractors. After 1945, they were surplus to requirements. It is one of the commonest lens on E**y and you will find selling results there.

C. D. Keth
6-Apr-2013, 11:26
How did we become antiques road show for everybody's odd lenses?

E. von Hoegh
6-Apr-2013, 11:28
How did we become antiques road show for everybody's odd lenses?
Dunno. I'm not answering questions for feepay vendors, though. I think the more we answer, the more we get. And it seems we're getting more.

I think we should get a cut of the sale price, since we're doing the homework for these folks. Donate it to the admin. fund, or something.

Edit - This could also be an attempt to sidestep the 30 day wait to see & use the for sale section.

IanG
6-Apr-2013, 11:55
An issue is that some of these military versions have limited aperture ranges, as has been said there are a lot about and they only sell for higher prices to very gullible buyers.

Ian

xoborp
6-Apr-2013, 12:36
Dunno. I'm not answering questions for feepay vendors, though. I think the more we answer, the more we get. And it seems we're getting more.

I think we should get a cut of the sale price, since we're doing the homework for these folks. Donate it to the admin. fund, or something.

Edit - This could also be an attempt to sidestep the 30 day wait to see & use the for sale section.

Bloody hell...

Your reply is a bit strong and suspicious isnt it..

It is quite simple, i came across the lenses, and asked a simple question.

I know nothing about this site and its rules.

But as someone said, they were mass produced anyway, so therefore probably worthless, so i shall sling them in the nearest bin.

Sorry for bothering you sir.

Or is it Mr Meldrew.

xoborp
6-Apr-2013, 12:39
These are made for the Air Ministry under contract 14A/780.

Due to massive production, bomb damage and new production sites, these were made by many sub-contractors. After 1945, they were surplus to requirements. It is one of the commonest lens on E**y and you will find selling results there.

Thank you sir.

Your reply was most welcoming and interesting.

Unlike the other miserable git.

vinny
6-Apr-2013, 13:01
lots of folks join this forum only to sell/gain info about selling LF equipment.

Jody_S
6-Apr-2013, 13:23
Put 'em up on Fleabay with the name 'Pentac' in the title, they're selling quite well at the moment. You can expect several hundred $ each.

Lachlan 717
6-Apr-2013, 14:30
I don't understand the need to ask here what they'll be worth on eBay, especially if you are being honest about throwing them in a bin.

If you're really that laxidasical about them, why didn't you just list them with a $0.99 starting price and let the market determine the price?

danno@cnwl.igs
6-Apr-2013, 16:53
Bloody hell...

Your reply is a bit strong and suspicious isnt it..

It is quite simple, i came across the lenses, and asked a simple question.

I know nothing about this site and its rules.

But as someone said, they were mass produced anyway, so therefore probably worthless, so i shall sling them in the nearest bin.

Sorry for bothering you sir.

Or is it Mr Meldrew.

Lud luv' ya mate, I could hear Sir Maurice Micklewhite there, for a bit.

Pete Watkins
7-Apr-2013, 02:47
xoborp,
I assume that you live/exist in the UK. Just a bit about this forum, if you have a large format camera and a lens that you intend to use you'll get all the help that you need from members of this forum. They are helpful, knowledgable and polite BUT an awful lot of people who can't be asked to seek the information that they require try to get info on prices. That is not why the forum was set up nor why it exists. It ain't no good getting arsey 'cos to the regulars here it just gets boring. Stick your Pentac on a camera and see how you get on. Any problems look for the information on this site, if you can't find what you want then ask. Simple.
Pete.

BrianShaw
7-Apr-2013, 09:20
Good translation, Pete!

Steven Tribe
8-Apr-2013, 01:24
I have reason to believe that our OP has now listed his lens!

BrianShaw
8-Apr-2013, 06:43
Well... that's to be expected. He/she anounced that intent in post #1. We've all seen that kind of behavior before!