PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Busch Pressman Model

brightmatter
5-Apr-2013, 15:13
Hi everyone,
On to my second attempt at getting a 4x5. Realised I didnt need so many movements and seeing David Burnett's work, I got a Busch Pressman on ebay. But, weirdly, it has a gold/brass-like colour unlike any other model d I've ever seen. Is this a rare model or is it just really dirty! Link here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121079207067?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
Thanks!

IanG
5-Apr-2013, 15:25
I've seen and bought lenses where the shutters looked like that, maybe it was used by a heavy smoker :(

Are you UK based, if so where ?

Ian

brightmatter
5-Apr-2013, 15:44
I've seen and bought lenses where the shutters looked like that, maybe it was used by a heavy smoker :(

Are you UK based, if so where ?

Ian

yep, london

brightmatter
6-Apr-2013, 15:42
Bumpity bump

Nathan Smith
7-Apr-2013, 06:04
Hard to tell from the photo, but it looks like it may be a combination of the chrome being worn down to the brass in some places, other spots like the lensboard may be nicotine build up. A lot of these older cameras smell terrible when you first get them - lots of heavy smokers back then.

Ivan J. Eberle
8-Apr-2013, 21:19
That smudged-with-finger-oils lens board might clean up easily enough with Isopropyl Alcohol.Was the shutter a Supermatic? Anodizing color on the face of these is a yellow dye added to the clear anodizing, and that may have faded over time and with UV exposure. Could also be quite grungy. While there were also brown/tan Busch Pressman D camera bodies and bellows, the auctioned one didn't appear to be one of them.