PDA

View Full Version : Boom arm to Fresnel lantern

Paramount bokeh
4-Apr-2013, 08:56
All,
Can anyone advise me please on the clamp/adapter I need to connect a Strand Fresnel lantern to a Manfrotto boom arm?

Would it be a Manfrotto clamp or some sort?

Sorry I don't have the dimensions of the lamp bracket bolt (standard Strand Patt)/diameter of the arm to hand. I would have thought it needs to be heavy(ish)-duty as the lamp is no sylph!

Thank you!

Mark Woods
4-Apr-2013, 09:12
What size is your lamp? Does the yoke have a pin to mount into a female hole in the stand, or is it a hole that mounts on a pin? If it's the latter, a standard 5/8" baby pin is all that's needed. There are numerous mounting options. Go to Matthews website to get an idea of what is available.

dsphotog
4-Apr-2013, 09:18
I use an Avenger E390 TVMP Yoke to baby 5/8 adapt.
$12.95 at BH

Paramount bokeh
4-Apr-2013, 09:32
Hi, I don't know what size thread is on the lantern bracket am afraid and I have no way of finding out that I know of. It is original by the looks of it. The boom arm is 35mm diameter, if that helps at all?

Tracy Storer
9-Apr-2013, 08:24
Not familiar with Strand.
Manfrotto makes more than one Boom.
Give us something more to work with, you don't even say whether the thread on the fresnel is male or female. You can post pictures, you can make a rough measurement of the thread with a ruler.

Tracy Storer
11-Apr-2013, 07:18
I didn't mean to kill this thread, we're all happy to help if we know what's what. More info on this will make a difference.

: )