PDA

View Full Version : Where in Paris would one find a déclencheur souple?

john wilton
3-Apr-2013, 12:24
Lost my cable release at Chartres yesterday; discovered today that my backup doesn't have a long enough throw to work a mission-critical 1980s Compur self-cocker (72mm Super Angulon XL) with no T setting and whose preview lever unfortunately opens the aperture as well as the shutter.

Amazon.fr including delivery wants 20 euros, that's a lot of dollars. Must be a good camera store here in Paris but my French isn't good enough to find and check availability on the phone.

Meanwhile for those multi-minute cathedral interiors I'll hold the trip lever open on B with a rubber band and use the lens cap.

E. von Hoegh
3-Apr-2013, 12:42
Sorry, but this is the best I can do. I googled "camera stores Paris" http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&gs_rn=8&gs_ri=psy-ab&gs_mss=camera+stores+pari&cp=19&gs_id=24&xhr=t&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.44697112,d.aWc&biw=1280&bih=929&wrapid=tljp1365018102444036&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=camera+stores+paris&fb=1&gl=us&hq=camera+stores&hnear=0x47e66e1f06e2b70f:0x40b82c3688c9460,Paris,+France&view=text&sa=X&ei=_oVcUdCBG4qqyAGnoIHgCQ&sqi=2&ved=0CC0QtQM

LaurentB
3-Apr-2013, 13:27
Lost my cable release at Chartres yesterday; discovered today that my backup doesn't have a long enough throw to work a mission-critical 1980s Compur self-cocker (72mm Super Angulon XL) with no T setting and whose preview lever unfortunately opens the aperture as well as the shutter.

Amazon.fr including delivery wants 20 euros, that's a lot of dollars. Must be a good camera store here in Paris but my French isn't good enough to find and check availability on the phone.

Meanwhile for those multi-minute cathedral interiors I'll hold the trip lever open on B with a rubber band and use the lens cap.

Down Boulevard Beaumarchais you'll find one for sure.

My favourite address is "Le Grand Format" , at number 54.
L'instantané on the same avenue had some very good Nikon ones the last time I went there.

Use the Metro, line 5, and stop at Bastille.

The avenue is full of camera shops, with many nice cameras for sale, so be prepared ;-)

Photostock is located Boulevard Serurier and, as the name implies, usually has lots of stock of film and paper, they should also be able to sell you a release.

Have a nice visit !

anglophone1
3-Apr-2013, 15:54
+1 for Laurent's advice, you'll definitely find a cable release there, maybe even for less than eur 20 :p
If you go south of place de Bastille there is also http://www.objectif-bastille.com/
IMO best camera shop in Paris.
C