PDA

View Full Version : Backpack for Korona 8x10

hazardsg
2-Apr-2013, 10:35
I was considering getting this(http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006CQV48I/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2JDNFGXVN73LG) backpack to take my Korona 8x10 in the field. This pack comes in two sizes the smaller 25l dimensions are 21" x 12" x 6". The larger 45l has dimensions of 25" x 13" x 12". Which would make more sense? Will a top loading pack work okay. I was thinking of adding padding to help protect the equipment as well as serve as dividers.

Thanks,

Steven

C. D. Keth
2-Apr-2013, 10:43
I would try and find something with a good frame. That kit will be heavy enough that you won't want to walk too far if everything isn't rigidly held. I don't know if you're near a city but check craigslist. There are a lot of very good older backpacks on craigslist simply because they're out of fashion or because somebody didn't know what to do with it when they cleaned grandpa's attic.

SergeiR
2-Apr-2013, 11:00
one of reviews http://woodtrekker.blogspot.com/2011/11/beginners-guide-to-bushcraft-and_23.html

With hauling 8x10 its not dimensions you need to worry about, but rather good suspension system and how tight it goes to be. How much of other things you like to carry.

I was taking my 8x10 gundlach for strolls with Burton's pack for a while, b/c it has comfy frame, snuggly fit korona and got wee bit of space for lens or two and couple of holders.
But once i got Photobackpacker system - i never looked back. Lighter, better support for my back, and generally easier. Even with deardorff.

tenderobject
2-Apr-2013, 13:38
i might be looking for 8x10 backpack as well. looks like the photobackpacker system is very nice than the f64?

SergeiR
2-Apr-2013, 14:19
i might be looking for 8x10 backpack as well. looks like the photobackpacker system is very nice than the f64?

Well.. for same reason basically. Suspension is done based on real decent backpack (Kelly). Its not photo bag that adapted to be rucksack. Its rucksack that is adopted to be photobag. Whole different thing. And once you got back or posture issues - you REALLY appreciate good suspension.

tenderobject
2-Apr-2013, 14:42
sergeir,

not sure about the suspension. which of the two has? sorry, not yet familiar with the two as well. need to research more about them but i really like the photobackpacker.

Well.. for same reason basically. Suspension is done based on real decent backpack (Kelly). Its not photo bag that adapted to be rucksack. Its rucksack that is adopted to be photobag. Whole different thing. And once you got back or posture issues - you REALLY appreciate good suspension.