Bob Salomon
31-Mar-2013, 06:59
MARCH 26, 2013
For Information Contact: Bob Salomon
Contact Info:
Fax: 800 282-9010 Office 800 735-4373
email: bob@hpmarketingcorp.com

GIOTTO YTL TRIPODS
HP Marketing Corp. is introducing 14 new Giotto YTL Silk Road tripods in the USA.
The revolutionary YTL series features a newly Patent Pending, Giotto exclusive, “Y” shaped center column that makes these tripods 30% more compact for carrying and storage then traditional round tube center columns!
The new “Y” shaped center column design adds strength and rigidity to the center column while allowing the tripod legs to close 30% closer to the center column to minimize bulk and weight!
The new YTL tripods are available in the USA in two different series and in either 8 layer carbon fiber or in aluminum. The 8 layer carbon fiber tubes have crossed layers for maximum strength and lightest weight! Both the aluminum and the carbon fiber models have the Giotto Quick Lever leg lock (QEL) system which makes it super easy to lock or unlock the legs, even while wearing gloves!
Each model also has graduated index marks on the lowest leg section to aid in set-up when the sections are not fully extended! A removable rubber tip on each leg can be replaced with the Giotto FP1021 rubber foot with metal spike.
A bubble level on the top plate of the 2 Way versions aids in set-up. Each model has three adjustable leg angle positions with a separate lock on each leg. The mounting screw has reversible 3/8 and 1/4 screw threads that locks in place with the supplied Allen wrench.
The center column can be replaced with a short column that is included with the 3-way version (YTL 9354, YTL 9384, YTL 9313, YTL 9314, YTL 8354, YTL 8383 and YTL 9314) and is optional on the 2-way version (YTL 9213, YTL 9214, YTL 9253, YTL 9284, YTL 8214, YTL 8254 and YTL 8284).
The YTL series is available in two different designs:
The 2-way version uses a conventional design that allows the column to rise/lower and reverse. The 3-way tripod series features a lateral arm center column that can cantilever besides lowering/rising and reversing and tilts 180° and rotates a full 360°! In addition, when used with the automatic locking short column it becomes a 3-way pan/tilt head!
The new YTL tripods range in maximum height from 63.3 to 73.6” and collapse for carrying to between 20.4 to 26”. In carbon fiber they weigh between 1.6 and 3.5 pounds and in aluminum from 3.1 to 4.4 pounds! Depending on the model they are rated between 11 and 22 pound capacity!
The Giotto YTL tripods are available from HP Marketing Corp. dealers in the USA.
For further details and images please contact:
HP Marketing Corp., 16 Chapin Road, Pine Brook, New Jersey, 07058
Phone: 800 735-4373 Fax: 973-808-9004

Bob Salomon
8-Apr-2013, 08:05
Correction:

"The 3-way tripod series features a lateral arm center column that can cantilever besides lowering/rising and reversing and tilts 180° and rotates a full 360°! In addition, when used with the automatic locking short column it becomes a 3-way pan/tilt head!"

Should read:

"when used with the automatic locking short column it becomes a 2-way pan/tilt head!"

Bob Salomon
13-Apr-2013, 11:41
Bump

MARCH 26, 2013
For Information Contact: Bob Salomon
Contact Info:
Fax: 800 282-9010 Office 800 735-4373
email: bob@hpmarketingcorp.com

GIOTTO YTL TRIPODS
HP Marketing Corp. is introducing 14 new Giotto YTL Silk Road tripods in the USA.
The revolutionary YTL series features a newly Patent Pending, Giotto exclusive, “Y” shaped center column that makes these tripods 30% more compact for carrying and storage then traditional round tube center columns!
The new “Y” shaped center column design adds strength and rigidity to the center column while allowing the tripod legs to close 30% closer to the center column to minimize bulk and weight!
The new YTL tripods are available in the USA in two different series and in either 8 layer carbon fiber or in aluminum. The 8 layer carbon fiber tubes have crossed layers for maximum strength and lightest weight! Both the aluminum and the carbon fiber models have the Giotto Quick Lever leg lock (QEL) system which makes it super easy to lock or unlock the legs, even while wearing gloves!
Each model also has graduated index marks on the lowest leg section to aid in set-up when the sections are not fully extended! A removable rubber tip on each leg can be replaced with the Giotto FP1021 rubber foot with metal spike.
A bubble level on the top plate of the 2 Way versions aids in set-up. Each model has three adjustable leg angle positions with a separate lock on each leg. The mounting screw has reversible 3/8 and 1/4 screw threads that locks in place with the supplied Allen wrench.
The center column can be replaced with a short column that is included with the 3-way version (YTL 9354, YTL 9384, YTL 9313, YTL 9314, YTL 8354, YTL 8383 and YTL 9314) and is optional on the 2-way version (YTL 9213, YTL 9214, YTL 9253, YTL 9284, YTL 8214, YTL 8254 and YTL 8284).
The YTL series is available in two different designs:
The 2-way version uses a conventional design that allows the column to rise/lower and reverse. The 3-way tripod series features a lateral arm center column that can cantilever besides lowering/rising and reversing and tilts 180° and rotates a full 360°! In addition, when used with the automatic locking short column it becomes a 3-way pan/tilt head!
The new YTL tripods range in maximum height from 63.3 to 73.6” and collapse for carrying to between 20.4 to 26”. In carbon fiber they weigh between 1.6 and 3.5 pounds and in aluminum from 3.1 to 4.4 pounds! Depending on the model they are rated between 11 and 22 pound capacity!
The Giotto YTL tripods are available from HP Marketing Corp. dealers in the USA.
For further details and images please contact:
HP Marketing Corp., 16 Chapin Road, Pine Brook, New Jersey, 07058
Phone: 800 735-4373 Fax: 973-808-9004

Tin Can
13-Apr-2013, 11:52
Smart design!

I need to save up and finally get a good lightweight tripod.

Old and heavy, I have, but good lightweight, I do need.

Shopping now!

Bob Salomon
13-Apr-2013, 12:04
Randy,
You won't have to save a lot. They start under $150.00.

Smart design!

I need to save up and finally get a good lightweight tripod.

Old and heavy, I have, but good lightweight, I do need.

Shopping now!

Tin Can
13-Apr-2013, 12:04
Not easy to find. Found them on UK eBay...

http://www.giottosusa.com/ doesn't show them.

http://www.giottos.com/ points back to HP.

I quit after B&H doesn't have them.

I am sure they will be sold soon in USA.

A really smart and patented design.

Bob Salomon
13-Apr-2013, 12:09
Our shipment only arrived on Thursday and only began shipping yesterday. Our reps are just now getting their samples so most dealers will not see them till sometime next week and then they have to order them and get their stock. And get them online. So I would not expect them to be online at US dealers till May.

As for the UK, they introduced them in January but with 12 models. We are introducing them now but with 14 models. Of the 26 supported in the UK and the US only 4 are the same model. 10 of ours are not sold in the UK and 8 of theirs are not sold here.
The factory actually lists 24 different models but each distributor makes their own choice of which to sell in their country.

Not easy to find. Found them on UK eBay...

http://www.giottosusa.com/ doesn't show them.

http://www.giottos.com/ points back to HP.

I quit after B&H doesn't have them.

I am sure they will be sold soon in USA.

A really smart and patented design.

Tin Can
13-Apr-2013, 12:14
I want something modern and lightweight for field usage with my mint 2X3 Linhof Kardan Color. Lately I am shooting with it a lot.

I can wait until May.

One reviewer, says, why was this obvious design improvement not thought of before. I have to agree. Makes all other designs clumsy.

Nicolasllasera
14-Apr-2013, 01:27
These tripods look great. I wil check for a lightweight one for longer hikes.

adam satushek
21-Feb-2014, 10:24
Has anyone used these?

It looks like a great design for lightweight, compact, yet sturdy travel with my Mamiya 7IIs and RRS pano kit. Thinking about either the Classic 8214 or Pro 8314. Ive never used or needed a cantilever column before, and not sure its worth the extra weight, length and cost...though the differences are pretty minimal in all 3 cases.

Is the Classic more stable than the Pro? Both rated at 22lbs...so maybe not. The 2 way pan/tilt with the short column could be nice...but ill but a leveling base on it anyways so not sure that matters.

Any opinions on the Pro (cantilever column) vs the Classic?

Peter De Smidt
21-Feb-2014, 13:30
Looks interesting for travel, especially for smaller cameras. The center column attachment to the legs worries me a bit, though, for large cameras. It looks inherently less stable than, say, a Gitzo, due to the extra joint. Hopefully, I'm wrong! ... Looking more carefully, it looks like there are two types, one with a straight up column, and one with a tiltable column. More pictures, specs and details would be nice.

Btw., I just picked up some Giottos LC325 stands. They are a good mid-line stand. I appreciate them because they pack more compactly than standard stands, as the Giottos don't have knobs that stick out of the bottom legs like most stands do.

adam satushek
21-Feb-2014, 13:51
Yeah, the cantilever (tiltable) column is on the Pro, and that appears to be the only difference between the Pro and the Classic. The more I think about it I'm pretty sure I would go with the Classic for this reason.

I have found very few reviews of these online, and one of the only ones I have found said to not buy them because the lock fell apart after a few uses. Of course one bad review doesn't mean much, but that on top of the lack of good reviews makes me nervous.

The triangular center column seems brilliant to me, and would be great for saving space since I will need to stuff it into a backpack for travel. I am used to aluminum Gitzos....and the small size and weight of this is very appealing...as long as the quality is good and it can adequately support a RRS multirow pano package and a Mamiya 7II with up to a 150mmm...

Tin Can
21-Feb-2014, 14:13
We need Bob Solomon, to explain these things again. A lot of bad press occurred with the initial UK release.

I won't put words in Bob's mouth, he has an explanation.

Bob Salomon
21-Feb-2014, 14:50
We need Bob Solomon, to explain these things again. A lot of bad press occurred with the initial UK release.

I won't put words in Bob's mouth, he has an explanation.

Well first of all most of the models sold here are not sold in the UK and most of the ones sold in the UK are not sold in the USA.

We have had very positive reaction to the models that we sell. Of the ones we sell 7 are aluminum and 7 are cargo. And of those 7 4 have the canterleving column and three do not. All are very sturdy and quite strong but this of course depends on what you plan on hanging on it.

If one has specific questions I would be happy to answer them on any of our tripods be they Giottos, Linhof, Berlebach or the Triopod or QuadroPods from Novoflex.

Tin Can
21-Feb-2014, 15:08
I'll try harder to get your name correct.

Well first of all most of the models sold here are not sold in the UK and most of the ones sold in the UK are not sold in the USA.

We have had very positive reaction to the models that we sell. Of the ones we sell 7 are aluminum and 7 are cargo. And of those 7 4 have the canterleving column and three do not. All are very sturdy and quite strong but this of course depends on what you plan on hanging on it.

If one has specific questions I would be happy to answer them on any of our tripods be they Giottos, Linhof, Berlebach or the Triopod or QuadroPods from Novoflex.

Peter De Smidt
21-Feb-2014, 15:08
Model names and specs would be great.

adam satushek
21-Feb-2014, 15:25
Basically, I'm just looking for a compact and fairly light tripod (hopefully less than 20" folded) that will handle a Really Right Stuff multirow pano kit with Mamiya 7II and 150mm lens. I want the tripod to fit into a backpacking backpack, along with clothes and everything else, so I'm drawn to tripods with designs that make them more compact such as the triangular column of the Silk Roads or legs that reverse for storage such as the Gitzo Travelers.

It sounds like the Giottos Classic 8214 would do the trick, as long as the quality is acceptable. The other options I am looking at are Gitzo travelers, but they are more expensive. The fold up smaller but also generally seem to have a lower max height (without column). I love the quality of Gitzos, but not sure they are worth it over something like Giottos.

So would the Giottos Classic 8214 suit my needs?

Are there any other tripods that anyone can recommend that may be preferable?

Thanks,
Adam

Bob Salomon
21-Feb-2014, 16:22
Basically, I'm just looking for a compact and fairly light tripod (hopefully less than 20" folded) that will handle a Really Right Stuff multirow pano kit with Mamiya 7II and 150mm lens. I want the tripod to fit into a backpacking backpack, along with clothes and everything else, so I'm drawn to tripods with designs that make them more compact such as the triangular column of the Silk Roads or legs that reverse for storage such as the Gitzo Travelers.

It sounds like the Giottos Classic 8214 would do the trick, as long as the quality is acceptable. The other options I am looking at are Gitzo travelers, but they are more expensive. The fold up smaller but also generally seem to have a lower max height (without column). I love the quality of Gitzos, but not sure they are worth it over something like Giottos.

So would the Giottos Classic 8214 suit my needs?

Are there any other tripods that anyone can recommend that may be preferable?

Thanks,
Adam

The Giottos VGR series are also reverse fold tripods. I use one with the 5D MKII with lenses up to the Canon 28 to 300mm zoom. One leg also converts, with the center column, into a full size monopod.

Bob Salomon
21-Feb-2014, 16:23
Model names and specs would be great.

They are all up on our web site www.hpmarketingcorp.com although the Novoflex TrioPod might not be up yet.

Bob Salomon
21-Feb-2014, 16:24
I'll try harder to get your name correct.

Thanks