PDA

View Full Version : 4 x 5 Ilford Pan F +

Mike McMullen
31-Mar-2013, 04:58
I think this has been out of production for a couple years now - does anyone know where I might find some? Thx.

vinny
31-Mar-2013, 05:45
Never heard of it in sheet sizes.

karl french
31-Mar-2013, 07:39
Not even funny on April Fools day.

IanG
31-Mar-2013, 10:47
I don't remember ever seeing Pan F as sheet film, I know there's problems coating it on the sheet film base, in addition the sales of Pan F have always been relatively low so it wouldn't be economic.

Ian

Drew Wiley
1-Apr-2013, 13:58
It never existed. Maybe someone is confusing this with Plus-X.

Colin Robertson
1-Apr-2013, 16:16
When I started shooting 5x4 the first thing I did was to look for PanF- my very favourite 120 film. It appears that this has been raised with Ilford several times, and the original answer was that they found it impossible to reliably coat the emulsion on the base they use for sheet film. Now, of course, in a shrinking market the incentive to even try and make it work is gone.
So, there's never been and never will be PanF in any sheet film size. Damn shame. Absolutely beautiful film.

Lachlan 717
1-Apr-2013, 16:21
So, there's never been and never will be PanF in any sheet film size.

I think this was recently confirmed on APUG by Harman.

Mike McMullen
1-Apr-2013, 17:55
I think this was recently confirmed on APUG by Harman.

Many thanks for all the replies. I also loved the old Kodak Verichrome Pan (went out of production in 2002), and in the olden days they had so many great sheet films that are now unobtainium.

Guess I was just born 50 years too late... FP4+ in PMK will have to do and fortunately it is a fine film.