PDA

View Full Version : Polaroid Emulsion Lift

David Nash
5-Mar-1999, 13:40
Hi

Ive got a bunch of colour and sepia 5x4 Polaroid prints, and I thought I might have a go at image transfer. I know there are two main ways of doing this  ei ther by splitting the envelope early on in development, or by soaking the print in hot water, waiting for the image to float off, and transferring it onto some cotton rag paper.

Im interested at having a go with this second technique, and would appreciate s ome instructions.

Thanks in advance.

David Nash

David Nash
5-Mar-1999, 13:47
Hi

I've just found instructions on the Polaroid web site - the obvious place to look. However, any tips or solutions to potential problems would be appreciated.

David Nash

Jignesh Jhaveri
13-Mar-1999, 15:03
well i've had some success with immersing atleast one day old polaroids in a hot water bath along with a few drops of ammonia, i use window cleaner, you don't need lab grade ammonia. i don;t know if this is mentioned on the polaroid website, someone mentioned it to me sometime ago, have fun and let us know how your transfers turn out.

Stuart Goldstein
16-Mar-1999, 10:22
You might try looking at

http://www.kathleencarr.com/

Also Kathleen Carr has written a book about image transfers (the pulling apart method) and emulsion transfers (the soaking in hot water method).

Also if you're in the US or Canada, you can call Polaroid for technical help. They're in the 800 directory.

Patrice Kennedy-Murillo
25-Apr-2001, 14:57
HI, I've been in search of the same thing lately. I found some directions on the HGTV site. Just type in image transfer under the craft section. I am going to be trying their proscess this weekend I think. Good luck! Patrice