PDA

View Full Version : linhof technika-lensboard

Andreas_4281
27-May-2004, 06:01
hello,

i bought a superangulon with a technika-lensboard but it doesnīt fit to my technika III. the one who sold it to me said, he used to use it with a technika IV. do they have different size and shape?

looking foreward for answers!

andreas

David A. Goldfarb
27-May-2004, 06:12
Yes, the Tech III boards are different from Tech IV/V/MT boards. Your best option would be to hunt around for a used Tech III board and sell the Tech IV board, which is probably worth $40-60 USD on the used market in good condition.

Andreas_4281
27-May-2004, 07:11
hello david, thank you for your reply!!! thatīs all i wanted to know.

Bob Salomon
27-May-2004, 07:36
In case it happens, the ground glass and the fresnel screens for the Technika IV, V and Master also do not fit the III. So if you need one of these make sure you get one for a Technika III and not for a "Technika".

Scott Walton
28-May-2004, 10:19
Recessed boards have been hard to find on the used market. I had a machine shop make some of my flat ones and just recently 2 nice recessed ones for my 90mm and a 65mm I just aquired. They are simple to have made... for your future reference.

Andreas_4281
7-Jun-2004, 02:08
Thanks for your replies!!! I have one more question: I would like to make a machine shop some flat lensboards for my Technika III. Is there anyone of you who has the knowledge about -material -size -etc... what to consider?

Thank you very much!

Ole Tjugen
7-Jun-2004, 03:53
If your Super-Angulon isn't shorter than a 90mm, you should be able to use a flat lensboard.

The Technika III flat lensboards are quite simple, with no "advanced" machining needed. My Tech.III is a 5x7" model with larger lensboards, so I can't help you as to measurements. Assuming them to be similar, it's a flat piece of aluminium with a little notch in the center bottom. In some cases the top 2mm are slightly thinner, and there may be a circular groove for the light trap on the rear. The notch is the only really necessary feature, unless the board is too thick.