PDA

View Full Version : Circa 1906 Voigtlander Lens Catalogue - free to download

CCHarrison
19-Mar-2013, 09:24
Please see my blog at: http://antiquecameras.net/blog.html

The file is at the bottom of my March 17th post.

Thanks
Dan

Amedeus
19-Mar-2013, 10:17
Thanks ... fabulous ...

Jac@stafford.net
19-Mar-2013, 11:54
Please see my blog at: http://antiquecameras.net/blog.html

Dan, you are very generous. Thank you.

In return, I have made a text-searchable version of your PDF. That means one can open the document and search for keywords. The appearance of the PDF does not change.

I can make it available to you if you wish.

Jac

Domingo A. Siliceo
22-Mar-2013, 01:18
Worth a tweet. Thanks very much, Dan.

Colin D
22-Mar-2013, 04:46
You little beauty Dan, fascinating to read.

Colin D
23-Mar-2013, 00:26
My interest in the catalogue is on the Dynar 180mm f6 which I have a circa 1907 model of. The barrel condition is so poor the only way I can see what the f stop is, is by using a loupe and even though I can only just make out the numbers, but the glass in it is in near pristine condition. The lens is rarely mentioned in threads, is this because it was not a commonly used one. Going by the catalogue it was not one of the premium lenses, but it was made for the purpose of using on Kodak shutter cameras. I've only used my once and it produced an interesting result with an extremely sharp centre of focus. Now I have a Horseman with a Copal shutter I am going to put it thought its paces. Does anyone else use one of thise little compact lenses?

Tim Deming
23-Mar-2013, 09:12
I love Dynars, they are for all intents and purposes heliars with smaller max. aperture. Used to be very inexpensive a couple years ago, but now the word seems to be out and recent prices are approaching heliar prices.

Cheers

Tim

Colin D
24-Mar-2013, 01:10
Looks like it's you and me advocating for Dynar Tim. What do you use yours for, landscape, portraits, still life? Have you used it for colour and what type of results did you get. To date I have only used b&w with mine with extremely satisfactory results.

Tim Deming
24-Mar-2013, 09:16
I have a few Dynars ;). Mainly since I was able to pick them up very cheaply years back. I've primarily used the 6 1/2" f6 on 4x5, b&w only, for landscapes. I've been meaning to try the 12" dynar vs. a 12" heliar on 8x10, for comparison, but work and my kids seem to keep changing my priorities

Cheers

Tim

Jim Fitzgerald
24-Mar-2013, 17:07
Dan, thanks. I loved the information on my Portrait Euryscope III #6. Thanks.