PDA

View Full Version : Size of light-baffle (?)

taulen
15-Mar-2013, 13:40
Hey,

I have a Century Master studio-camera, and wondered if anyone would be able to measure the baffle (?) that makes it possible to take 2 5x8" on one 8x10 sheet, and the one that makes 2 3,5x5 on one sheet of 5x7. I want to try and make those myself since they seem very hard to get a hold of. (I guess it have to be two different baffles.)
i hope someone would take the time to do that for me, and possible others on the forum that could have use for it.
I would like to know especially where the "hole" is placed on the baffle. How long from the edge and what else you think I would need, that I cant figure out myself to replicate it. The overall size and thickness and stuff I already have measured from the camera itself.

Thank you.

C. D. Keth
15-Mar-2013, 13:58
Can't you measure the camera and make baffles from that?

taulen
15-Mar-2013, 18:18
Maybe, but that would be some guess work, trial and error, would much prefer if someone were able to measure it for me.

taulen
21-Mar-2013, 13:00
For future references, or if someone should stumble-upon this thread looking for this information:
http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?101485
Measurements provided by Louis.

1) overall dimensions for both wing boards is 9 7/16 "x 9 7/16 " and the set back on the rear of the wing board is a 1/4" on all four sides( like the set back on the back side of a lens board).

2) The opening on the main 5x7 wing board is 3 1/16" x 4 15/16" centered. The wings are made of aluminum & bent at 90 deg for attaching through the cut opening of the 5x7 wing board. The piece of aluminum should measure 2 13/16" x 4 15/16". On the 2 13/16" side (or long side) you'll want to make the 90 deg bend. You'll make the bend at 9/16", leaving 2 3/16" on the other side.Make a pair of these and the rest should be easy to figure out when you see the attached photos.

3)The opening on the main 8x10 wing board is 5 1/16" x 7 15/16" centered. The wings are made of aluminum & bent at 90 deg for attaching through the cut opening of the 8x10 wing board. the piece of aluminum should measure 2 1/4" x 7 15/16". On the 2 1/4" side (or long side) you'll want to make the 90 deg bend. You'll make the bend at 1/2",leaving 1 3/4" on the other side.Make a pair of these and the rest should be easy to figure out when you see the attached photos.

4)don't forget to add the half moon set backs on either side of each wing board. They are used as a place to attach the wing kit to the sliding carriage w/ the thumb tabs.