PDA

View Full Version : Sinar F series and 90mm

Ben Calwell
19-May-2004, 06:16
I searched the archives, but couldn't find the answer to this. Can the Sinar F series cameras focus 90mm lenses at infinity without using recessed lens boards? Also, what's the shortest lens the Fs will focus on flat boards? Thanks for your help.

steve simmons
19-May-2004, 06:56
I searched the archives, but couldn't find the answer to this. Can the Sinar F series cameras focus 90mm lenses at infinity without using recessed lens boards? Also, what's the shortest lens the Fs will focus on flat boards? Thanks for your help.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yes, The Sinar F series can use a flat board down to at least 58mm and still focus at infinity.

steve simmons view camera magazine

Scott Rosenberg
19-May-2004, 06:58
try this thread...

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=005Oan

ramin
19-May-2004, 07:21
Ben:

You won’t need a resecced board for a 90mm lens but you’ll need the 455.36 wide angle bellows with your Sinar or you can’t shift your standards at all since the normal bellows will be totally compressed. And with lenses of 65mm and wider you’ll need the 455.46 bellows. I suppose wider angle Rodenstok lenses supplied by Sinar (Sinaron-W & Sinaron-WE) should come mounted on a recessed board.

Cheers

David E. Rose
20-May-2004, 16:52
I use a Sinar F-1 with a 65mm Fujinon on a flat board with the standard wide angle bellows and as much shift as the coverage allows. I don't know why Sinar recommends the extra wide angle bellows for 65mm and shorter lenses, but the normal WA bellows works fine for me!