PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Adox CMS-20?

Jim Andrada
10-Mar-2013, 01:04
It's available at Freestyle in 120 and 4 x 5. Just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with it anf if so what you think of it.

I've ordered a couple of rolls of 120 and if it looks good I'll try the 4 x 5..

hendrik faure
10-Mar-2013, 07:19
It's available at Freestyle in 120 and 4 x 5. Just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with it anf if so what you think of it.

I've ordered a couple of rolls of 120 and if it looks good I'll try the 4 x 5..

Jim, the film was my favourite for still life photography, 4x5 and 8x10, 12 ASA, stain devellopment. Must not be overexposed.
Unfortunately production has stopped.

Jim Andrada
10-Mar-2013, 10:01
Interesting - the Adox website was still showing it last night.

Oh well, thanks for the tip. Everything seems to be disappearing lately (maybe even us!!!)

I'll see if I actually get it and if I do I might try to get a couple of boxes of 4 x 5. At the rate I shoot lately that would probably last for as long as I can still carry the camera!

Michael Cienfuegos
10-Mar-2013, 10:47
The ADOX CMS-20 is the new stuff, it was recently released. It is out of stock at Freestyle, but they do have a shipment coming in soon. It should be in this coming week.

m

C_Remington
10-Mar-2013, 12:26
The ADOX CMS-20 is the new stuff, it was recently released. It is out of stock at Freestyle, but they do have a shipment coming in soon. It should be in this coming week.

m

Yup. I have some ordered along with the developer.

Jim Andrada
10-Mar-2013, 22:17
How much developer would you order for a box of the 4 x 5? I was thinking 3 bottles would work with some to spare but two bottles might not be enough. They say a bottle ill do 6 rolls of 120 which I think would equate to 24 4 x 5's. What have you found in practice?

stradibarrius
11-Mar-2013, 16:11
I have used it in 35mm and love it. I am looking forward to trying it in 120 and 4x5!

ericpmoss
11-Mar-2013, 16:55
I absolutely love its resolution and smoothness of tone, but I noticed a lot of white spots showing up in the positives of scans. I'm guessing (!) that it either has some QA issues with emulsion uniformity, or is possibly sensitive to handling. Still, I'll keep using it.