hey all here is a workshop for 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 & 4x5

http://colorado-largeformat-photo-workshops.com/

if you are looking for a good workshop

anglophone1
6-Mar-2013, 13:31
hey all here is a workshop for 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 & 4x5

http://colorado-largeformat-photo-workshops.com/

if you are looking for a good workshop

No smoking, no alcohol and no drugs....... That'll help the creative process!

Light Guru
6-Mar-2013, 13:48
your website organization is a little wired and i find it really annoying that when i click on one of the links across the top it opens the page in a new window. Also break up the text into paragraphs it makes it MUCH easier for people to read.

But the weirdest and oddest thing i saw is that you segregate your classes by gender.

banjo
9-Mar-2013, 11:48
hey Light Guru
ok we are trying to get to work better "when i click on one of the links across the top it opens the page in a new window"
it don't make new windows here for me! the text in paragraphs here! who is your web severs with I will work on it

Ken Lee
9-Mar-2013, 14:22
Thread moved to the Announcements section.

Laura_Campbell
9-Mar-2013, 15:38
Just curious - why are you segregating classes by gender? Could you provide a little more information as to why you're separating the groups?

Kirk Gittings
9-Mar-2013, 17:56
Also, unless I missed something, this is the amazing anonymous workshop. Who are you and/or who is teaching this workshop? where are the accommodations?

One more question :) is that a picture of the facilities? Seriously though you are lacking some key info like who is doing this and what are the actual facilities and accommodations. I've been involved in workshops off and on for along time and people will want to know this information before giving up their hard earned cash.

Brian Ellis
9-Mar-2013, 17:58
Just curious - why are you segregating classes by gender? Could you provide a little more information as to why you're separating the groups?

"Our lodging is not set up for mixed groups for both men & women at the same time."

banjo
10-Mar-2013, 13:48
hey all
what little about me is in the MISSION STATEMENT ! I do see I mist puting in my name !
I am not a computer programmer this is new to me.

Light Guru
11-Mar-2013, 08:34
"Our lodging is not set up for mixed groups for both men & women at the same time."

Oh I saw that I still think its a bit messed up so offer segregate your workshop by gender.

One of the great things about a work shop is surrounding yourself with a diverse group of people that you can learn from. You eliminate much of that.

banjo
11-Mar-2013, 12:47
will when I work at a college in the darkroom as the tec. the girls was gitting tired of jackass groping them
in the darkroom !! and would only go in when there was NO men !! so I would close the darkroom & only let
the girls go in for 2 hr day.

Kirk Gittings
11-Mar-2013, 13:06
Hmmm our solution at the university labs I've taught at was to just boot the offending aholes who were causing the problems.....

Vaughn
11-Mar-2013, 13:16
If that happened in our darkroom, the guy(s) would be lucky to escape with their balls still attached. And would be lucky to still be at the university, let alone in a photo class.

Andrew O'Neill
11-Mar-2013, 14:22
Although I do not mind gender segregation for a workshop, unless you have a healthy turnout, it will not work. What if you have mainly males (like you most likely will) and one female? And vice-versa? I wouldn't want to be the only guy in an all girl group. I would have to behave then...

Roger Thoms
11-Mar-2013, 14:29
will when I work at a college in the darkroom as the tec. the girls was gitting tired of jackass groping them
in the darkroom !! and would only go in when there was NO men !! so I would close the darkroom & only let
the girls go in for 2 hr day.

So you deal with sexual harassment by limiting the time women can spend in a safe environment, in your darkroom. This approach may protect the women from sexual harassment but it also punishes them for someone else's actions. You should rethink your approach, as it is oppressive.

Roger

Laura_Campbell
11-Mar-2013, 14:41
I do feel that men and women can work together in workshop settings (and lodging) and maintain their professionalism. I've led coed as well as women-only meetups and participants haven't experienced sexual harassment. As the host/meet up leader, I have, but that's a story that isn't worth repeating. The women I know can stand their ground, and wouldn't tolerate (unwanted) groping.

Kirk Gittings
11-Mar-2013, 14:45
I do feel that men and women can work together in workshop settings (and lodging) and maintain their professionalism. I've led coed as well as women-only meetups and participants haven't experienced sexual harassment. As the host/meet up leader, I have, but that's a story that isn't worth repeating. The women I know can stand their ground, and wouldn't tolerate (unwanted) groping.

Of course. Since 1968 including all the classes I've taken and all the classes I have taught, I've never seen this problem.

sanking
11-Mar-2013, 14:58
How odd to be talking about segregated workshops? I thought we had this conversation in the US about four decades ago!!

On the other hand, I am 100% for the prohibition on chewing tobacco. You just never know where the spit is going wound up.

Sandy

Light Guru
11-Mar-2013, 15:15
Perhaps we should also segregate the the workshops by those who use Kodak film and those who use Illford film.

Laura_Campbell
11-Mar-2013, 15:55
Perhaps we should also segregate the the workshops by those who use Kodak film and those who use Illford film.

Team Kodak wearing yellow and red. Team Ilford, multicolored with a dollop of pink.

Kevin J. Kolosky
11-Mar-2013, 19:24
If that happened in our darkroom, the guy(s) would be lucky to escape with their balls still attached. And would be lucky to still be at the university, let alone in a photo class.

And hopefully you would be arrested for taking the law into your own hands.

Scott Walker
11-Mar-2013, 19:49

Pretty sure you could find a dozen guys that would testify that his injures came from tripping and falling down the stairs

Andrew O'Neill
11-Mar-2013, 21:22
Pretty sure you could find a dozen guys that would testify that his injures came from tripping and falling down the stairs

Or take the Sergeant Shultz approach,91112

Kevin J. Kolosky
12-Mar-2013, 05:00

And hopefully they would be arrested for perjury.

Brian Ellis
12-Mar-2013, 05:40
Oh I saw that I still think its a bit messed up so offer segregate your workshop by gender.

One of the great things about a work shop is surrounding yourself with a diverse group of people that you can learn from. You eliminate much of that.

"But honey, they made me share that bedroom with a woman at the workshop. That kind of diversity is one of the great things about a workshop."

Vaughn
12-Mar-2013, 16:13

Mellow out, dude...it would not be me...this is Humboldt County, where men are men and women are too! I would be the one trying to rescue the idiot, calm things down, then book him...;)

"But honey, they made me share that bedroom with a woman at the workshop. That kind of diversity is one of the great things about a workshop."

There is an art center in the Marin Headlands that has co-ed bathrooms...way too cool!