View Full Version : Toyo sliding back adapter -- what kind of roll film holder?

5-Mar-2013, 13:27
Hey everyone,

So I bought this toyo sliding back adapter (http://www.ebay.ca/itm/221195800017?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_1806wt_1397) on eBay just now. I understand that these used either a Graflex 23 or a Mamiya Press roll film holder.


Anyone take a guess as to which one this might use?


5-Mar-2013, 14:00
That one takes Mamiya Press film holders.

5-Mar-2013, 22:07
Thanks! Now to find one...

10-Mar-2013, 03:37
I believe you can use an RB back but don't blame me if it doesn't fit ;)

10-Mar-2013, 09:11
I believe you can use an RB back

Not unless the M attachment on this sliding adapter is removable, which I doubt. "M" and "G" film holders (as Mamiya called them) are not mutually adaptable either way - on the RB67 and Universal Press you had to remove the entire camera back and replace it with one for the respective other holder type.

Brian Wallen
5-May-2013, 01:00
Toyo makes/made two versions of the sliding back--one that fit only Toyo cameras where the back assembly was swapped for the sliding adapter and another version that fits the international G back using the accessory bars. See the Toyo site for details.

Assuming that the Toyo international G version behaves like the Horseman Rotary backs that attach with the G accessory bars, this adapter will add significant extension. The Horseman Rotary back for the 6x9 mount adds about 25mm and for the 4x5 mount about 40mm. The Wista sliding adapter, that works only with Wista cameras, operates like the first Toyo mentioned and adds only about 10mm.