PDA

View Full Version : Have you made extra holes in extension rail for Chamonix N2?

Geraldine Powell
2-Mar-2013, 09:43
I find that I don't have enough bellows extension using my 210 lens close up, not because of the bellows but because of the extension. However if I screw the front standard into the hole at the end of the extension board, it is too long. I am not absolutely sure of this because it has just occured once or twiceo, has anyone made a series of holes in the extension rail?

vinny
2-Mar-2013, 10:28
That was one of the reasons i made my own ext bracket. Too long with the rear standard slid all the way forward too?

Jac@stafford.net
2-Mar-2013, 10:33
It would not be difficult to drill and tap an extra hole between the last two, however you could consider an extended lens board, or even a Linhof focusing board - the one normally used for particularly wide angle lenses on the Technika.

Keith Pitman
2-Mar-2013, 12:40
It would not be difficult to drill and tap an extra hole between the last two, however you could consider an extended lens board, or even a Linhof focusing board - the one normally used for particularly wide angle lenses on the Technika.

Be careful drilling carbon fiber. It makes tiny and sharp splinters that are painful when stuck in your fingers. Also, those holes in the Chamonix are not tapped; they are helicoils which can be a little tricky to install, probably even more so in carbon fiber.

Geraldine Powell
2-Mar-2013, 13:24
Thanks for all the information. I am glad that I asked. I am going to experiment a bit more with the extension rail attached to see if I can get sharp focus with the rear standard all the way forward. Maybe, I did not exhaust all the possibilities the last time I ran into this problem. It looks like I 'd better not just get out the drill...

Jac@stafford.net
2-Mar-2013, 15:08
Thanks for the correction, Keith.