PDA

View Full Version : Looking for info on a lens I purchased.

sam1el
24-Feb-2013, 22:38
Like the title says. I picked this lens up on ebay and I'm trying to do some research to figure out a little more about what I got. Here's the info from the post.

Here is unusual vintage Kustermann & Co. brass barrel Rapid Rectilinear type camera lens with 4 interchangeable glass elements. Image circle shows coverage of at least 4x5 with focal lengths ranging approximately between 4-7 inches with various angles of view depending on the arrangement of the lens cells. Cells are marked 15, 25, 35, & 45. Has iris type aperture with settings marked 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5. We believe this to be a German made lens, circa 1900-1910. Barrel measures approx. 1 1/2" long & 1 1/2" across at it's widest. Finish shows some rubs & wear, no dings or dents. Aperture is in good working order. Lens elements are exceptionally clean, clear, no fungus or separation. Was discovered in it's original wooden silk lined presentation box with vintage leather lens cap & mounting flange which requires a 41mm lens board opening.