PDA

View Full Version : Early Footage of Ansel Adams At Work

Fragomeni
23-Feb-2013, 22:25
Thought many of you would like to see this if you hadn't seen it already. Short early documentary on Ansel with commentary from him about his practices and views on photography. Plus some footage of Ansel playing the piano. Enjoy!

Ansel Adams, Photographer (1958) - Narrated by Baumont Newhall (http://francescofragomeni.tumblr.com/post/43868348233/early-ansel-adams-footage-showing-the-photographer)

Robert Ellis
24-Feb-2013, 00:55
Thanks for posting this. Very interesting!

Jim Jones
24-Feb-2013, 07:28
That film, and also the Ric Burns film for PBS, are available on DVD for convenient viewing from the Ansel Adams Gallery www.anseladams.com/.

Fragomeni
24-Feb-2013, 07:52
Yea, I'd never seen this before so thought it was definitely worth sharing!

john borrelli
24-Feb-2013, 09:28
Thanks for posting.

I had thought that as Ansel got older he switched to smaller and lighter formats (something I can relate too) but apparently from the scene where he was loading his vehicle, there may have been a time when he used all of those formats at the same time.

MIke Sherck
24-Feb-2013, 12:43
I've seen this before but it's a real treat to see it again. Thanks for posting it!

As a coincidence, I've just been reading Andrea G. Stillman's book "Looking at Ansel Adams The Photographs and the Man" and enjoying it tremendously.

Mike

Carlos R Herrera
18-Mar-2013, 22:53
That film, and also the Ric Burns film for PBS, are available on DVD for convenient viewing from the Ansel Adams Gallery www.anseladams.com/.

Only the 1980 Huszar film and the Burns film are available.