PDA

View Full Version : Harman direct positive with HC110?

ryanmills
23-Feb-2013, 17:49
Any tried harman with hc110? Never tried to develop direct positive paper and there is zip on doing it with hc110 on google. Wondering if anyone has a semi-educated guess on dilution and time. Short of me spending all day with a box full.

Maris Rusis
23-Feb-2013, 20:08
Any tried harman with hc110? Never tried to develop direct positive paper and there is zip on doing it with hc110 on google. Wondering if anyone has a semi-educated guess on dilution and time. Short of me spending all day with a box full.

I doubt that HC110 will work at all at any reasonable time or concentration. I have processed a lot of HARMAN direct positive paper that has been pre-flashed to tame the extreme (and rather ugly) contrast and it needs warm, fresh DEKTOL 1+2 paper developer to deliver substantial dark tones. Weaker developers deliver very insipid greys and nothing like a black.

ryanmills
23-Feb-2013, 20:42
I ended up just trying it. Mixed at 1:31 and developed for 3:30 at 68 degrees, very little agitation. No preflash and it came out rather well given I have never shot any before and I have owned a LF camera for about 2 days now. Just did two studio tests, light required is right at the limit of my strobes, first one was slightly dark, preflashed for the second one and came out a bit better but still slight under exposed. They are drying now, I will scan them once there done if anyone is curious.

adloram
26-Feb-2013, 17:16
I ended up just trying it. Mixed at 1:31 and developed for 3:30 at 68 degrees, very little agitation. No preflash and it came out rather well given I have never shot any before and I have owned a LF camera for about 2 days now. Just did two studio tests, light required is right at the limit of my strobes, first one was slightly dark, preflashed for the second one and came out a bit better but still slight under exposed. They are drying now, I will scan them once there done if anyone is curious.

Here lies a curious. I bought them this evening to give them a try and to introduce my girlfriend to the beauty of an image rising out of "nowhere". Have you scanned them?

I also opened a thread in a flickr group dedicated to the hdpp in different developers other than multigrade or pq and their results. You can easily find it. I didn't read the forum rules yet so i'm not sure if i can post direct links.

Thanks in advance.

ryanmills
26-Feb-2013, 18:05
Yes I did scan it but Im having a hell of a time keeping it flat on the scanner to get a decent scan. I also flubbed the scan not noticing it was not completely dry, hence the marks at the top. I did order two different developers and I was waiting till I could test 3 different ones side by side to see how different they really are.

My first test shot, Hope to shoot some more this weekend if the weather holds out. No preflash, sunset light, ~2 second exposure by hand @ 3iso. HC-110 (1:31 mix) 3.5 mins at 68 degrees, light agitation.

DougD
27-Feb-2013, 13:39
That's rather good. I've been overexposing and need to be less agressive that way.

D.