PDA

View Full Version : Old Style Linhof Quicksocket Question

Richard Wasserman
15-Feb-2013, 07:35
I have a Linhof recessed lens board with an older Quick Socket connector, a white one. It does not have any of the required doodads to make it work. Are these parts still available, and if so where? Or, can I simply change the fitting and install the current version—and of course, where would I purchase that? Thanks!

Bob Salomon
15-Feb-2013, 09:23
Linhof service in the USA is Nippon Photoclinic in NYC.

nipponphotoclinic@hotmail.com

But since this is several decades old who knows? And there was more then one type of "doodads" depending on the shutter.

Jac@stafford.net
15-Feb-2013, 09:27
The old versions work the same as the new 'button' front models. Searching for 'quicksocket' works better.

The only doodad often missing is a pin that goes into the bottom of the release that presses the shutter release lever. It is just a pin/rod bent into a dog-leg to trip the shutter lever. You can make one using a couple pliers and a thin steel rod from a hobby shop.

Alternatives exist. See this page: http://www.linhofstudio.com/products/accessories/cable_releases.php

I use the L and flexible versions shown there. Look for 'Cable Release Extension 80mm ' and 'L -Angle Connector'.

Richard Wasserman
17-Feb-2013, 09:10
Jac, thanks for the llnk. It turns out that Copal makes an angled cable release socket—who would have thought? I have a call in with C.R.I.S. Camera who I have been told is likely to have these.

Bob Salomon
17-Feb-2013, 10:37
Jac, thanks for the llnk. It turns out that Copal makes an angled cable release socket—who would have thought? I have a call in with C.R.I.S. Camera who I have been told is likely to have these.

There is an angled PC connection to replace the standard one on a Copal shutter. I am not aware of any angled Copal cable release socket adapter. There are the Gepe L and U shaped cable release adapters as well as the Gepe Wida Angle Cable Release Adapter (a shorter version of this is the new Quick Socket connector in place of the old wire system for Linhof boards).

But since Copal had announced that they will stop making shutters last year the availability of parts for their shutters has become very limited except through lens manufacturers who bought most of the remaining and last production of shutters and parts.