PDA

View Full Version : Linhof Lens board help

Kburg928
13-Feb-2013, 08:07
Hi,

I have a Linhof Technika and I'm looking at picking up a 75mm Grandagon f6.8 lens. It says it needs a 35 mount lensboard but doesn't say if it needs to be recessed or not. I know my 90mm lens is on a recessed board so I'm really don't know what lensboard I should be buying for the 75. Does anyone have this setup?

Keith

Bob Salomon
13-Feb-2013, 08:23
You need the 001015 Linhof Comfort Board for the 75mm lens. This is presuming that you have a 4x5 Technika IV, V, Master, 2000 or 3000 camera. You did not say.

"a 35 mount lensboard" is not a Linhof description so I don't know what that means. Linhof recessed 4x5 Technika boards are available in 6, 12 and 21mm. There is no recessed board for a Technika type camera deeper then 21mm. The 001015 is 12mm deep and the Comfort board has all the operating controls on the flat front surface of the board. This includes the aperture scale.

If you have a Technika III then none of the above pertains to your camera and boards are not made for your camera.

Oren Grad
13-Feb-2013, 08:25
"a 35 mount lensboard" is not a Linhof description so I don't know what that means.

This is terminology used by KEH in its listings - the number refers to the size of the hole in the lensboard.

Bob Salomon
13-Feb-2013, 08:46
This is terminology used by KEH in its listings - the number refers to the size of the hole in the lensboard.

very poor terminolgy as it can refer to various recessed boards as well as to a flat board and the buyer would very possibly find out the hardway that they had bought the wrong board.

Kburg928
13-Feb-2013, 09:22
oops, I somehow forgot to put the model down, it is a Linhof Technika IV so I should look for the 001015 Linhof Comfort Board then? Know where I can find a used one?

Bob Salomon
13-Feb-2013, 09:55
oops, I somehow forgot to put the model down, it is a Linhof Technika IV so I should look for the 001015 Linhof Comfort Board then? Know where I can find a used one?

Virtually impossible to find a Comfort Board used. You can probably find the earlier non-Comfort Board used but it will not have the features that I listed before.

There were three versions of the earlier board.

001015 for Compur shutter only
001016 for Copal shutter only

The newer 001015 for either Compur or Copal shutters.

If you have the original 001015 Compur board a Copal shutter's controls will rub against the wall of the recess. If you have the 001016 board the controls of a Compur will rub against the recess.

All 3 boards look identical and have no model number marked on them.

All of the above boards are supplied with a cable release Quick Socket and the first 2 have the proper right angle PC connector for the shutter it was made for. The third version comes with Copal PC adapter.

epines
17-Feb-2013, 12:55
I highly doubt you'll be able to find the Comfort Board on the used market, but there's another solution. I have my 75mm/4.5 in a recessed Linhof lensboard that's recessed about 21mm, but then in the center of the recessed area protrudes forward about 9mm. It doesn't have the controls on the face of the lensboard, but you can reach all the controls fairly easily with your fingers (or, if you have thick fingers, a pencil). This is assuming your lens is in a Copal 0 shutter. My lensboard has the cable release quick-socket on the front and a Z-shaped pin that reaches from it to the shutter. I believe Igor's Camera Exchange currently has this exact lensboard setup for about $135.

Bob Salomon
17-Feb-2013, 13:03
I highly doubt you'll be able to find the Comfort Board on the used market, but there's another solution. I have my 75mm/4.5 in a recessed Linhof lensboard that's recessed about 21mm, but then in the center of the recessed area protrudes forward about 9mm. It doesn't have the controls on the face of the lensboard, but you can reach all the controls fairly easily with your fingers (or, if you have thick fingers, a pencil). This is assuming your lens is in a Copal 0 shutter. My lensboard has the cable release quick-socket on the front and a Z-shaped pin that reaches from it to the shutter. I believe Igor's Camera Exchange currently has this exact lensboard setup for about $135.

This is either one of three Linhof boards:

The last 001015 before the current Comfort board. It fit both Copal and Compur 0 shutters
The older 001015 which fit the Compur 0 shutter only
The older 001016 which fit Copal 0 shutters only

You can not tell them apart visually, only after the shutter is mounted in it. If the controls rub against the inside of the recess then you know you have the wrong one. If they don't then you have the right one.

If you plan on using flash then you will also need the correct right angle PC contact adapter for the shutter as well. This came with the lens board originally.

Jac@stafford.net
17-Feb-2013, 15:24
You probably need #001015.

There are over a dozen recessed boards for your Linhof on the auction site, including a 15mm - see item # 110964659998, and of course B&H has one for over $500. :(

I have this information because I am preparing to divest a lot of similar equipment if the prices of sold equivalents is good.