PDA

View Full Version : Bill Schwabs Kickstarter Project

Kirk Gittings
11-Feb-2013, 13:22
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1146178845/a-photographic-workshop-facility-for-photostock-an

Anything Bill does is IMO a good investment. I kicked in. How about you all?

Monty McCutchen
11-Feb-2013, 13:24
I'm in already too. Its a great investment and Bill is a great supported of Large Format and an incredible printer in many disciplines to boot. I can't wait to see the Darkrooms when they get completed. This is a great opportunity to make a difference and I'm hopeful the community supports it no matter the amount!

Monty

Scott Walker
11-Feb-2013, 13:51
Looks like a very good cause, I'm in.

bob carnie
11-Feb-2013, 14:01
I am in on this idea as well.

Frank_E
11-Feb-2013, 17:08
I'm in...

Kirk Gittings
11-Feb-2013, 17:44
Great guys!

Roger Thoms
11-Feb-2013, 17:46
I'm in too.

Roger

Kirk Gittings
11-Feb-2013, 17:55
Terrific....keep it coming!

Doug Howk
12-Feb-2013, 05:01
Though retired and living on SS, I chipped in. Seems like a worthy cause, and hope to visit it when complete.

jb7
12-Feb-2013, 05:33
In...

Kerik Kouklis
12-Feb-2013, 16:57
I'm in, too! I taught a workshop at Photostock 2009. Having a workshop building will open up some fantastic opportunities. Bill is dedicated and once he sets his mind on something, look out.

Kirk Gittings
12-Feb-2013, 17:57
Great start but a fair way to go! These can work when the people and the project are right and I think this one is. My niece recently did one with her theater company and raised twice the goal amount.

Thanks all.

gene LaFord
12-Feb-2013, 18:28
I'm in!! :D

Steve Sherman
12-Feb-2013, 18:44
Already in... For those who may not know Bill, a more giving photographer / educator you'll not find, time to make his dream an inspiration for all !!

Scott Walker
12-Feb-2013, 20:50
Great start but a fair way to go! These can work when the people and the project are right and I think this one is. My niece recently did one with her theater company and raised twice the goal amount.

Thanks all.

I'm actually rather excited about the project, I truly hope the necessary funding gets pledged.
I know folks in the Lansing area so it would be an excellent excuse to come visit Photostock.
This is the second Kickstarter project that I have added cash to, and strangely enough the last was a micro brewery :p

Matt Magruder
13-Feb-2013, 09:42
This is all kinds of BADASS. Bill is of the highest caliber on every level and to be a small part of something as wonderful as this is humbling.
I'll be kickin' in at the end of the week. Hopefully it'll be that much closer to its goal. Much Love Schwab and best of luck in your goal.

Kirk Gittings
13-Feb-2013, 10:29
Just shy of 10K now after just 3 days.

bob carnie
13-Feb-2013, 11:21
The Dylan Ellis Gallery in Toronto is going to have a private show in June , around the 5th anniversary of the passing our dear assistant/friend Dylan Ellis .
We will be asking our some our clients worldwide to submit a print for auction. Proceeds of the auction will be divided , with the artist receiving a %, our Defend the Darkroom program receiving a %, and the other % of net/proceeds going to Bills Photostock project.

Some of Large Format Members and APUG members will be asked to submit an image for sale, and we will make this a wonderful opportunity to showcase our friends work as well put funds forward
to Bills Dream. We will be putting forth information about this show shortly . This will be an invite only show and I hope to have it online for people to bid on who cannot make it to Toronto in June.

I have been fortunate to go to two Photostock events and they are some of the fondest memories for me and my family of meeting and spending time with other photographers . Bill has a wonderful
platform for learning up there in Michigan, and I plan to be there for a couple of days with my family this year.

best of luck with this Bill , I am sure you are going to meet your goal.

Kirk Gittings
14-Feb-2013, 12:38
bump

adamc
14-Feb-2013, 12:49
Chipped in!

Kirk Gittings
14-Feb-2013, 12:54
Half way there!

mdm
14-Feb-2013, 12:56
I dont know about the kickstarter project but I have a Bill Schwab photopolymer gravure that was offered on facebook once which is very very good. I would say the print is worth the money.

Roger Thoms
14-Feb-2013, 13:41
Half way there!!!

Roger

Kirk Gittings
16-Feb-2013, 00:29
i just boosted my pledge.

rich815
16-Feb-2013, 08:02
Just kicked in a C note....

Bob Mann
16-Feb-2013, 09:09
I'm in for a small amount, wish it could be more -

Kirk Gittings
16-Feb-2013, 11:08
Just kicked in a C note....
Yeah that print deal was too good to pass up.

pimark
16-Feb-2013, 13:42
In also. Been looking forward to this project since Bill mentioned it via facebook etc...

Scott Walker
16-Feb-2013, 20:08
There needs to be another spot between $200 & $1,000 since all the $500s are taken.
Boosting your pledge to the next level (by $800) is a bit of a stretch for most that are willing to kick in $200.
Although the incentive for pledging 1 k is pretty sweet. :D
Not that a person couldn't just add to their pledge without upgrading their reward, but hey, incentive is nice.

Just sayin......

billschwab
16-Feb-2013, 22:36
Wow!!! I am so sorry for not checking in here earlier! I had no idea this was posted by Kirk and I feel badly for not having been here before. I've been a bit overwhelmed and am still learning my way through Kickstarter and I finally figured out how to view my referrers. Lo and behold, I've found LFF to be right up there in guiding traffic to the page and I cannot thank all of you enough. Especially you for posting it here, Kirk! Thank you so much! That was very kind of you.

I'm reading through as I go and see the mention from Scott about a new $500 pledge point. I appreciate it, Scott, and I wanted to let you know that I am working on this. In fact, I've just added a new reward and will link to that update. I plan to add several more of my edition prints at this pledge point as well so that there will be some choice. I'm also open to suggestions, so if you have any preference or ideas that may help, I am all ears.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1146178845/a-photographic-workshop-facility-for-photostock-an/posts/407780

I can't tell you all how much it means to be getting all this support and what a thrill it is to see people in the community coming to aid in what I hope and believe will be a pretty cool addition to our world. I've also been approached by some of my photographic heroes with interest in coming to teach and that is just plain awesome. With all of the help, I assure you that this will be a top shelf place to come practice and learn more about what it is we all do.

Thank you again. We are now almost 2/3 of the way to the goal in only 6 days and you are all a big part of making this happen. You are the best and I hope you'll stay tuned and help spread the word.

All the Very Best, Bill

PS.. And I hope you will all be able to come visit and spend some time in one of my favorite places on the planet.

Brian K
17-Feb-2013, 05:43
I'm in.

Scott Walker
17-Feb-2013, 09:43
Successfully upgraded my pledge :) Thank you Bill!

billschwab
17-Feb-2013, 11:04
Thank YOU, Scott! Fantastic! And you as well, Brian! Everyone!

Fred L
17-Feb-2013, 13:30
and another small pledge closer to the goal...

Kirk Gittings
18-Feb-2013, 11:59
bump-over the 2/3rds point!

Graham Patterson
18-Feb-2013, 17:20
And a little more.

Doug Herta
18-Feb-2013, 18:20
Sent in my pledge. Looks like it is getting close!

Kirk Gittings
19-Feb-2013, 09:16
bump. Great effort so far. 7K to go. Every donation helps, but if you can get one of his prints you have truly lasting value. He is a great photographer/printer-one of my favorites.

Kirk Gittings
19-Feb-2013, 17:50
Just a few $s short of 24K pledged!

Kirk Gittings
21-Feb-2013, 14:09
We're now on the brink of crossing the 80 percent line - somewhere I never imagined being after only nine days into the campaign. It is now time to make the best of the momentum you've helped create and make that final push. In an effort to spur us on to victory, I am adding a couple more original prints to the list of rewards.

For a new pledge point of $175, you will receive a signed, hand-printed, 6x6 inch photogravure of one of my most collected photographs. "Willow Branches - Rouge River 1999" became one of my first "hits" and helped propel me on my way. I'm hoping it can now help propel the project over the finish line. It comes printed on a sheet of 8x10, Rives watercolor paper and is unmounted as shown below.

Michael Mutmansky
21-Feb-2013, 19:54
I don't get on LFF much anymore, but I'm glad I stopped by this evening... I haven't met Bill but a good words from friends I know like Kirk, Steve, Monty, Matt, Clay, and others is certainly enough to make me completely satisfied that the project is real and certainly worthy, so I chipped in for what I could.

---Michael

Kirk Gittings
21-Feb-2013, 22:14
I don't get on LFF much anymore, but I'm glad I stopped by this evening... I haven't met Bill but a good words from friends I know like Kirk, Steve, Monty, Matt, Clay, and others is certainly enough to make me completely satisfied that the project is real and certainly worthy, so I chipped in for what I could.

---Michael

Terrific Michael. Hope you are doing well.

Bill_4606
22-Feb-2013, 00:49
Investing in this Kickstarter project was a no-brainer. It's helping to fund a very worthwhile project; Bill's project adds another block to the photographic community foundation; and for the privilege of getting to participate, I get a totally cool Bill Schwab print.

Bill Riley

rich815
22-Feb-2013, 07:18
Mention of Bill's kickstarter made it to Mike Johnston's The Online Photographer today. This should help:

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2013/02/kick-me.html

Kirk Gittings
22-Feb-2013, 15:59
90% there!

Kerik Kouklis
22-Feb-2013, 17:36
This is gonna be so cool!

Kirk Gittings
23-Feb-2013, 11:17
Wow! $27,864-with a little over 2K to go with 17 days left. Phenomenal!

gene LaFord
23-Feb-2013, 13:09
Great news!

Emil Schildt
23-Feb-2013, 13:51
I'm in too

Kirk Gittings
23-Feb-2013, 15:41
We are approaching the finish line!

Fred L
23-Feb-2013, 15:45
let's start a pool, I say goal met by Monday evening !

rich815
23-Feb-2013, 16:58
I say by tomorrow.

Kirk Gittings
23-Feb-2013, 17:24
$28,488! Thats like $1500 and change left!

Scott Walker
23-Feb-2013, 19:01
let's start a pool, I say goal met by Monday evening !

Put me down for Monday by 5:00 eastern time

rich815
23-Feb-2013, 19:12
Now less than $1400 away!

Fred L
23-Feb-2013, 19:13
I think I may have been off by a day it seems ;) Would love to make it out to Cross Village when this barn is open for business, might have to book time off in June eh ?

rich815
24-Feb-2013, 02:51
Goal met.

Scott Walker
24-Feb-2013, 10:09
Goal met.

:D
Outstanding!

gene LaFord
24-Feb-2013, 10:28
Goal met.

Wonderful news!! :D

Kirk Gittings
24-Feb-2013, 12:29
Whoohooo!

Kirk Gittings
25-Feb-2013, 21:21
Still going strong with new incentives. It doesn't have to end when the original goal was met!

Duane Polcou
25-Feb-2013, 22:46
FWIW the video associated with this project is wonderfully inspiring. I must have watched it half a dozen times.

Michael Mutmansky
26-Feb-2013, 21:01
Terrific Michael. Hope you are doing well.

Settling in in CA now... Need to get a house and get the darkroom set up so I can start printing pt/pd and pulling gravures again

Kirk Gittings
28-Feb-2013, 21:02
MM did the job move or is it a new job?

Kirk Gittings
28-Feb-2013, 21:03
Its not over yet. 33k and change and more incentives being added regularly.

Michael Mutmansky
28-Feb-2013, 23:07
MM did the job move or is it a new job?

New job. Major change in type of work I am doing (no longer doing any specification on projects) and hopefully a stable position that I can settle into for a long time.

Anyway, BACK TO THE SUBJECT... people, this kickstarter project is most excellent. Look at what you get, and it goes to a great opportunity for lots of people. Note that I think there is a glitch in the programming on the site. It indicates that Clay's prints are sold out, but they aren't, at least they weren't when I last checked. Two left at the moment.

I believe that there are people whose work is most excellent and collectable, and Clay is one of them. Look at the print for $250. Plus, look around at the other prints and books, etc. Great work and it is a bargain...

Let's see that link again Kirk...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1146178845/a-photographic-workshop-facility-for-photostock-an/posts/414623?ref=activity

That one goes to Clay's image, but you can navigate through the rest from there.

Back to you Kirk,

---Michael

Kirk Gittings
4-Mar-2013, 14:52
Bump-a hair short of 35k!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1146178845/a-photographic-workshop-facility-for-photostock-an

Roger Thoms
4-Mar-2013, 15:47
Hopefully I contribute a bit more indirectly, gave some film away and told the person to kickin what they could. I also made my girlfriend kickin :)

Roger

Kirk Gittings
6-Mar-2013, 11:01
I have donated a silver gelatin print of one of my favorite images. Announcement to come later today.

Dave Wooten
6-Mar-2013, 11:24
Yo Michael,
Keep is informed. What is your new neighborhood.

Kirk Gittings
8-Mar-2013, 12:51
here is my print offer:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1146178845/a-photographic-workshop-facility-for-photostock-an/posts/423178?ref=email&show_token=cd7e78291ebdb7a9

You will never see that print in silver anywhere near that price. Thanks all.

Scott Walker
8-Mar-2013, 13:00
here is my print offer:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1146178845/a-photographic-workshop-facility-for-photostock-an/posts/423178?ref=email&show_token=cd7e78291ebdb7a9

You will never see that print in silver anywhere near that price. Thanks all.

Wow, that didn't last long!

Kirk Gittings
8-Mar-2013, 13:22
I don't think it sold yet???

Kirk Gittings
8-Mar-2013, 13:29
Yes it did. Holy cow! Thanks to whoever bought it-you did a good turn.

sanking
8-Mar-2013, 18:06
Yes it did. Holy cow! Thanks to whoever bought it-you did a good turn.

Well, I would have contributed at that amount for your print, but arrived too late.

Good deal for the buyer, IMHO.

Sandy

Kirk Gittings
8-Mar-2013, 19:20
I appreciate the thought Sandy.

oneonesip2
10-Mar-2013, 08:45
I'm in already too. Its a great investment and Bill is a great supported of Large Format and an incredible printer in many disciplines to boot. I can't wait to see the Darkrooms when they get completed. This is a Manfaat (http://manfaat.co.id/) great opportunity to make a difference and I'm hopeful the community supports it no matter the amount!

Monty

Yes, I hope this large format photography could be the one biggest forum in the world

Kirk Gittings
12-Mar-2013, 19:55
Holy cow. $41,649 with a couple of hours to go. Last chance to contribute to this great project!

I congratulate Bill on an extremely well run campaign-the best Kickstarter Project campaign I have seen.

Scott Walker
13-Mar-2013, 05:08
Wow $42,502 raised in total.
Thanks for bringing this to our attention Kirk, I am very happy to have been able to be part of this.

Kirk Gittings
13-Mar-2013, 07:26
Great!! Well done. Thanks all. This is an investment in the future of photography.

They should have dinged your account my now-check to see that it was the right amount.

billschwab
13-Mar-2013, 11:03
Hello Everyone!

Success!

I owe you all a huge THANK YOU!! for all of your support throughout this last month. This has been one of the most intense and incredible experiences I've ever had. I can't tell you how much it means that a large amount of support came from this LFF community. That speaks loud and clear about the people here and I am extremely grateful to everyone that helped out and kept spreading the word.

We're seriously going to build a workshop!!

Stay tuned as there is much more to come. I'll be documenting every step of the way in the updates that will come through Kickstarter as well as my own newsletter. You can add your email Here (http://www.billschwab.com/subscribe/index.html) if you'd like to get on that list as well. I will also do my best to post updates in this thread.

So begins the task of pulling it all together. I am heading up to the property tomorrow morning to see that all of the staking is done correctly. Measure twice, build once. I am also meeting with the builder and excavator to pay deposits and get scheduled. I've been told there will be no problem starting construction as soon as the snow melts and that we should have a completed structure soon after.

This is going to be exciting and I hope you'll stick with me and follow along.

Thank you again!!

Bill

Monty McCutchen
13-Mar-2013, 11:31
Congrats Bill. Great to see people such as yourself along with all those here that contributed that were in a position to support and get behind a great project for the future of photography in all its various forms. I know I'm proud to have been a part as I'm sure others are as well. Can't wait to see the new building up and spreading the photography gospel!

best,

Monty

billschwab
13-Mar-2013, 17:45
...in a position to support and get behind a great project for the future of photography in all its various forms.You've said it far better than I, Monty. Congratulations to everyone for stepping up and taking this to the next level. It's restored my faith in what we all do and I am eager to keep up my part of the bargain and focus this into one of the finer places to come develop and hone your skills. Because of all of you, the future is looking bright. Your passion and enthusiasm is contagious and has drawn the attention of some very influential people in our world equally interested in a bright future. Together we're capable of some really great things and I think we've only just started.

Kevin J. Kolosky
15-Mar-2013, 07:56
A model

http://www.mplsphotocenter.com/about/general-information.php

Michael Mutmansky
19-Mar-2013, 08:26
Yo Michael,
Keep is informed. What is your new neighborhood.

Dave, Just spotted this post... I'm in Sacramento, but will be moving closer to the Bay area this spring/summer once my wife is out here. Then, hopefully, settle in for a while and get a darkroom going again.

Bill, congratulations on the success. It couldn't come to a better person, and in the end, the larger photo community benefits, which is a great thing indeed.

---Michael

billschwab
9-Apr-2013, 19:38
Hello All,

Thought I'd post a quick update and photo of the site as of Sunday, April 6th. We were still getting snow storms into the last week which suspended the planned start a bit, but not too bad. It is Northern Michigan after all and it was a bit too much to think that I could break ground before April.

I am happy to report that the crew clearing the trees you see marked in this photo called today and all trees are down. Tomorrow the stumps are to be removed and then some fill brought in to elevate and level the site. We'll now have to wait until the county lifts the spring weight restrictions on the roads before this happens, but I wanted to let you know that progress is finally being made. We're on the way!

Bill

Kirk Gittings
9-Apr-2013, 19:42
Thanks for the update Bill. Aren't you in Iceland or somewhere right now?

billschwab
10-Apr-2013, 12:17
Thanks for the update Bill. Aren't you in Iceland or somewhere right now?I'll be leaving for the Faroe Islands in a little over a week, Kirk. Back the 3rd of May... just about the time construction should start. I'll keep the thread posted.

And thanks again to everyone who helped out!

rich815
12-Apr-2013, 07:09
I'll be leaving for the Faroe Islands in a little over a week, Kirk. Back the 3rd of May... just about the time construction should start. I'll keep the thread posted.

And thanks again to everyone who helped out!

Have a great trip Bill! I'm very jealous!

That said I start a 3-day photogravure workshop this morning so I'm grinning ear to ear right now...

billschwab
12-Apr-2013, 11:02
That said I start a 3-day photogravure workshop this morning so I'm grinning ear to ear right now...Excellent. Here's to hoping you have a great time. You're going to love the process.

billschwab
12-May-2013, 10:41
OK! Here we go!

Construction starts tomorrow morning on the building! It's been a long time coming, but the snow finally melted and the building site has been cleared and prepared. It's been a big job so far, but we're ready to go!

A little video of the prepared site... http://youtu.be/T01nGO-vt1g

With all luck on our side, the exterior construction should take about 2 weeks and we'll be dedicating the place at this year's Photostock 2013 gathering. I'm happy to report that registrations are now open and being accepted at the www.photostock2013.com website! The event will be held from June 20 - 23rd with the planned dedication and open house on the 22nd.

This year it is a free event, but as in years past, I am offering an optional, paid registration that comes with an original silver gelatin print of mine. It's a great way to get a print at a reduced rate while helping facilitate the event with your payment.

http://www.photostock2013.com

Hope to see you there!

Bill

billschwab
4-Jun-2013, 20:59
An update on the construction project. What a ride it has been. We're finally nearing the completion of the exterior. Today the roof wads completed and doors hung, tomorrow the soffits and siding begin. We're getting closer every day!

http://notstieglitz.com/temp_photos/workshop/building_night_1_bw.jpg

billschwab
2-Sep-2014, 15:00
Hello!

People here on LFF were very helpful in getting the first phase of this project completed and I wanted to post an update on the workshop. It's been awhile and things are progressing nicely. And, even though the interior is still under construction and I am considering further fundraising to get the place completed, we've already held 5 workshops there with instructors such as Clay Harmon, Holly Roberts, Eliot Dudik and Meg Griffiths.

Although the original Kickstarter goal of completing the shell of the structure was completed over a year ago, work has been ongoing on the interior. Plumbing, electrical, drywall, etc. I've been steadily moving forward on my own and honing my building skills. All rough electrical and plumbing work is complete as are the walls for the darkroom, utility and bathroom. I have just this week completed painting the walls, installing doors, etc. Although my original goal was to have the darkroom functional by this summer, the wicked winter we had made for delays. Add to that the crush of the Photostock Festival and I had to revise that goal to this Fall. I am on track for that and should have things functional, though not fully complete, by October.

It's been a long road since pressing the "go" button on the Kickstarter a year and a half ago, but it is been a great ride. It has already become a really cool place and I plan to have it finished and ready for a full schedule of workshops in 2015.

Please have a look at some of the progress photos and stay tuned!

Thank You! Bill

http://notstieglitz.com/temp_photos/workshop/walls_2.jpg
Rough Walls

http://www.northlightworkshops.com/photos/workshop-pano_9_01_14_small.jpg
Finished wall - Main workroom

http://www.northlightworkshops.com/photos/darkroom_9_01_14_2014.jpg
Darkroom

http://www.northlightworkshops.com/photos/darkroom-2_9_01_14.jpg
Darkroom

Kirk Gittings
2-Sep-2014, 15:02
Smokin'!!!!
I feel like this $ was well invested.

kintatsu
3-Sep-2014, 12:06
Smokin'!!!!
I feel like this $ was well invested.

Indeed!

Michael Mutmansky
3-Sep-2014, 15:57
Bill,

It looks like you need a much larger drive wheel on that press. It helps produce a smooth motion of the wheels, resulting in a better impression.

http://www.go2marine.com/product/86991F/destroyer-sailboat-steering-wheels-model-530.html

I got one of those and made an adapter for my Conrad. It looks like you may already have a suitable adapter, just make sure it has the right size hub and keyway.

---Michael

hoffner
3-Sep-2014, 16:06

Anything Bill does is IMO a good investment. I kicked in. How about you all?

From forum's guidelines :Kickstarter projects that relate to photography may be announced once, and once only, in the Kickstarter Announcements section. All subsequent discussion of that Kickstarter campaign must be confined to that thread.

Roger Thoms
3-Sep-2014, 17:17
Bill, looks like things are progressing nicely, keep up the good work. Hopefully I'll make it out one day.

Roger

Monty McCutchen
4-Sep-2014, 04:00
From forum's guidelines :Kickstarter projects that relate to photography may be announced once, and once only, in the Kickstarter Announcements section. All subsequent discussion of that Kickstarter campaign must be confined to that thread.

Must have been a tough day to have that Hall Monitor hat taken from you when you graduated 8th grade. I feel for your loss.

Monty

hoffner
4-Sep-2014, 04:52
Must have been a tough day to have that Hall Monitor hat taken from you when you graduated 8th grade. I feel for your loss.

Monty

I feel sorry for you if you don't understand the reason why it is better to have all Kickstarter threads gathered in one subforum instead of free-flying in wrong directories. Does that guideline go over your head?

chris_4622
4-Sep-2014, 05:25

Monty

Maybe you never graduated from the 8th grade.

Kirk Gittings
4-Sep-2014, 07:41
American Gothic :)

Michael Mutmansky
4-Sep-2014, 11:55
American Gothic :)

Disturbing. And yet, I cannot take my eyes off of it! Hahaha...

I'm most disturbed by the rotating DR door. Man I hate those things.

Michael Mutmansky
4-Sep-2014, 12:02

You pulling to have this thread closed too hoffey?

It's time to put on some big boy pants... antisocial behavior is not generally rewarded in discussion forums. You clearly need to be put on the Ignore list, which I will do right now.

Roger Thoms
4-Sep-2014, 18:39

I believe this thread predates the kickstarter rule, so it is grandfathered in. Perhaps you should simply ignore this thread.

Roger

Kirk Gittings
4-Sep-2014, 19:59
It does predate it, but how does it not conform? This thread was moved to the KS sub-forum by the mods when the new forum was established and it is the only place the Bill Schwab project is discussed as far as I know.

hoffner
5-Sep-2014, 04:08
edited

Sal Santamaura
5-Sep-2014, 08:59
It does predate it, but how does it not conform?...That's the same question I asked myself when first seeing the troll post. I suggest that, in the future, it might be better to simply report antisocial behavior to the moderators than to feed trolls by responding to them.

jnantz
5-Sep-2014, 09:06
thanks for the update bill !

Michael Mutmansky
22-Sep-2014, 08:14
The final phase of the construction is in fundraising right now.

Look at the photos and of what was created with the first phase!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/billschwab/photostock-workshop-facility-the-final-phase

Everyone, if there is anything you might consider dropping some money on at Kickstarter, I believe this is one of the best for the LF community.

---Michael

Bill_4606
22-Sep-2014, 14:04
I've had the pleasure of attending one of the workshops this past Spring. Even though the building was partially finished, I found the whole experience well worth it. The location is inspiring. The quality of instruction was first rate. Bill has a great program going there and I believe that it's a good investment to help him keep the momentum. I was in on the first round and looking forward to receiving another one of Bill's prints from this round.

Bill Riley

Roger Thoms
22-Sep-2014, 19:30
In for another print. I'm already getting my name on the plague from the first kickstarter, now do I get my name one the plaque twice? ;)

Roger