Thread: Gitzo spiked/rubber feet

Gitzo spiked/rubber feet

Does anyone know if the Gitzo 1338 lower legs with spiked/rubber feet can be fit ted to other series 3 CF three section tripods such as the 1325 ? Also can the 1 338 "bowl head", whatever that is, be removed and a standard flat plate be added ? Does anyone know how I can get in touch with someone at Gitzo for informatio n ? Thanks Don

Gitzo spiked/rubber feet

Like you, I'd like to have the spiked/rubber feet on my Gitzo CF 'pod (a 1329).

Chuck Downs mentioned that he'd just order replacement spikes and rubber caps from Gitzo, then drilled out the plastic feet and put in the spikes.

I'm tempted to try it.

-Paul

Gitzo spiked/rubber feet

gitzo is distributed by bogen in the u.s. you can call them @ 212.695.8166. they have been very helpful.

Gitzo spiked/rubber feet

I'm the one who bought 1338 lower leg sections for my 1325 just to get spikes. Bogen is the place to contact. Yes, it's a bit expensive. Also, note that, unlike Linhof which uses C clips to retain the rubber feet on its spiked ends, Gitzo simply deforms the steel spike threads after screwing on rubber feet. This means if you want benefit of the full length of the spikes (as I did) you have to use a hacksaw to remove the rubber feet and the brass nuts molded inside them. Of course, since I had the original rubber footed 1325 small leg sections, either end option is still available, albeit with some inconvenience in switching back and forth.