Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chamonix 045N-2 opinions needed...

Re: Chamonix 045N-2 opinions needed...

Quote Originally Posted by Harley Goldman View Post
    I own the original version. I don't think there is better at twice the price point. IMHO. I think it is a stellar camera.
    I am with Harley. Besides somebody taking pictures in Jasper cannot be wrong :-)

Cheers,

Luc
    Field # ShenHao XPO45 - Monorail # Sinar P, F2
    [CENTER]6x6 # Minolta 1965 Autocord, 6x9 # Kodak 1946 Medalist II

I am on the list also. Teak with black metal.
    I can't wait. It's really a beautiful camera.

I've had a 45-n2 for a few months now, beautiully made, has a great mix of classic and modern and the detailing on the teak and the way they've shown the grain of the wood shows their high level of craft.

My only gripe is the built in levels on the camera are really "stiff" or slow like the oil in the levels is to thick, which makes them move really really slowly when you are trying to make small or large adjustments. Maybe these will improve over time I'm not sure? Otherwise I everything else including the price is amazing about the n2.

I brought that up to Chamonix (Hugo) when requesting replacements for two levels which had dried up on my 45n-1. Slow as MOLE ASSES. They are aware of the issue. I attached a small bubble level to the top of the rear standard since I can't get all the levels to match up and I don't trust them after using the 45n-1.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunQ View Post
    I've had a 45-n2 for a few months now, beautiully made, has a great mix of classic and modern and the detailing on the teak and the way they've shown the grain of the wood shows their high level of craft.

My only gripe is the built in levels on the camera are really "stiff" or slow like the oil in the levels is to thick, which makes them move really really slowly when you are trying to make small or large adjustments. Maybe these will improve over time I'm not sure? Otherwise I everything else including the price is amazing about the n2.

Thanks for the info Vinny, glad? to know it isn't just me with the issue and it definately does need a fix as its a big part of composing images and using the camera. I find the levels on my camera to be accurate just not fun to work with.

Hopefully this problem will be corrected in this next batch.

I just wrote Hugo, I am going to order one, it is essentially perfect for what I do. I'll get the base extension and folding hood. Any idea when the next run is?

Quote Originally Posted by Carterofmars View Post
    I am on the list also. Teak with black metal.
    I can't wait. It's really a beautiful camera.
    Do they offer the gun metal gray anymore? I would prefer that...

Preston Birdwell

K25,

It's tough to say if they still offer the gunmetal grey. I ordered my N-2 in December of 2011. It is teak and gunmetal grey. You should write Hugo and ask him directly.

--P
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."

I just received my Chamonix 045N-2 yesterday. The bubble levels work just fine, all are accurate (left and right back ones are close enough in agreement to be perfectly useable, only about a hair width (literally) of difference in bubble position between them). The bubbles are not slow in the least. I'm a happy camper all around. Mine is Maple and gray metal, so yes, you can still get it in that color.