Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: death of fujifilm 8x10?

indecent exposure cosmicexplosion's Avatar

death of fujifilm 8x10?

i was just told by fujifilm australia that they are or have discontinued their range of 8x10" film?

what have you heard?

i have also just sent off an email to fuji headquarters asking them same question.
    through a glass darkly...

Re: death of fujifilm 8x10?

I Hope this is Not true!!!

currently Boulder, CO; formerly Seattle, WA.

wow, not that i have ever used Fuji in 8x10 or even their 4x5 in the last 10 years, but if Kodak is the only game in town for color 8x10....i am very nervous
    ----------------------
    http://adamsatushek.com

Still Developing

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicexplosion View Post
    i was just told by fujifilm australia that they are or have discontinued their range of 8x10" film?

what have you heard?

i have also just sent off an email to fuji headquarters asking them same question.
    Well the way the regional Fuji operations work, they decide what part of Fuji's output they want to stock in order to make a profit. For example, the UK doesn't stock Astia at all and yet it's still available in the US..

Tim

p.s. It was discontinued in 2002 supposedly :-)

http://www.greenspun.com/bboard/q-an...?msg_id=007RIx
    Still Developing at http://www.timparkin.co.uk and scanning at http://cheapdrumscanning.com

indecent exposure cosmicexplosion's Avatar

mmm well australia aint worth shippin to i guess, must be hard to make only a little bit of money. or is it digital coercion?
    through a glass darkly...

Format Omnivore Brian C. Miller's Avatar

Point of fact about Astia, I was in Glazer's this Friday, and there were boxes of 4x5 Astia, expiration date 2013. 20 sheet boxes. Sitting there. Waiting for you.

I heard tell that Fuji Canada is mumbling that their E6 is on the way out, use it now 'cause you're gonna lose it. But that could be just Fuji Canada, and not Fuji USA. Hard to say, because I heard it third hand.
    "It's the way to educate your eyes. Stare. Pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long." - Walker Evans

They seem to have a really weird policy of leaking dis-information.

I wish their C-41 films were available in 4x5 here, I think some of them, if not as perfect as some Kodak films, are equal in character.

Fuji is so far up its ass concerning accurate communication that I only believe what I see (in the stores). It should be a case study in business school.
    Peter Y.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian C. Miller View Post
    Point of fact about Astia, I was in Glazer's this Friday...
    Damn, I was also in Glazer's on Friday, buying the Pentax 67 fisheye I'd eyed on Wednesday. There was much mea culpa on the nightly phone call to my wife that evening, heh.

I think I was the only person in the store for the last 15 minutes I was there (a half hour before closing)--I needed to wander around and talk myself into spending that bit of change. But I've done lots of fisheye work in the past and wanted to do it with this camera, and didn't pay any more for the lens than for a custom-mount Arsat/Zodiak fisheye that isn't as well made. The guys there understood the need of some customers to sin slowly.

I didn't see any middle-aged bearded white guys giving off view-camera vibes. So, either you never made it to my side of the street, or you don't fit the standard LFPF mold. Would have been nice to shake your hand, at least.

Rick "unsupervised trips to Seattle have been expensive in the past, too" Denney

Have any of you actually bought and used fuji 8x10 film? Perhaps you are more up yourselves than fuji.