Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: report: Tonopah Temptation Workshop May 2011

report: Tonopah Temptation Workshop May 2011

hey all,

i was at the Tonopah temptation workshop (and am still in tonopah!). it was awesome! "you" all should have been here.

we got to shoot some of the best places in central NV AND got to play with Jim's secret lenses. we even met the head "little green man", so stay tuned for more goodies from the little green men!

we all learned a great deal and had a wonderful time. thanks to Jim and Per for hosting the event. thanks to all the land owners and businesses for allowing us to "run a-muck" in and around tonopah. it was great. thanks to glen for all the laughs.....i will never be able to get the " little arms and legs" flailing about! i have not laughed so hard in a long time. monday night at the "club house" drinking tequila was wonderful....from what i can remember......thanks guys!

i/we will be posting videos and prints from the event. please stop back in and have a look....most are wonderful images. anyone who missed this year be ready to sign up again next year. it was a blast. i gave a wet plate demo/workshop and will be posting images as soon as i get them scanned. welcome to the black paws club to all that participated.

until we can get more posted i will leave you with a few videos......more to come soon.

jim's video at f6.3!

great weather...after everyone went home....har har har.

more video and photos when i get out of tonopah and get some fast internet....dial up sucks! see more (lots more ) of hugo zhang here.

eddie
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Re: report: Tonopah Temptation Workshop May 2011

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Forget the Verito... ...that's a 7x11 Eastman!

That Eddie actually made it to Tonopah after flying into Las Vegas and getting to shoot machine guns there is a testament to his dedication to photography (and Margarita mixing.) Now we'll see if he makes it back to NY.

My thumb and fore-finger are still black ... thanks to Eddie's "hands-on" wet plate demonstration ... and my lips are still numb from the Tonopah drink-of-the-week ... the "Dead Ladin" ... shot of vodka, cranberry juice, and two Everclear cherries (maraschino cherries soaked in Everclear for a week.)

But, the best thing ... I've got a ton of negatives to develop this week ... thanks to Jim and Per and my confusion about where I was supposed to be each morning. I'm looking forward to seeing the stills and videos (and my negatives.)

still in tonopah!

here are the 1st couple of images that i developed. they are from belmont. i used a P&S 15 inch semi achromat (thanks jim!). jim was shooting his 711 and a 16 P&S as well.

eddie
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

still in tonopah....

here area few of the guys that attended the wet plate "workshop". most all were done by the attendees themselves. a great group for sure.

all shots were 5x7 black aluminum.

per
    mike
    al
    steve

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

two more black aluminum.

randy and ash

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Those are great Eddy,I never looked better!!

Mike

Holy cow! My shot of Steve on WP came out nice.Thanks Eddy for the collodion tutorial and images of "Turtle" Glen with the waiter in my head.

BTW, I left my sun glasses in Belmont - do they consider that littering?

Good times!

still in tonopah....

i guess no one else made any pics.....hello? beuler?

hyperion at the newest secret spot.

eddie

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Window and Cycle full size ... other two cropped. All adjusted in Levels in Photoshop. #1 & 3 from same negative (5x7, 210 Commerical Ektar) taken in Goldfield ... #2 at Tonopah Mining Park (5x7, same lens)