Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How about a NYC L/F Club - Meet Up Group

How about a NYC L/F Club - Meet Up Group

Just throwing out an idea to my fellow L/F photographers in NYC/suburbs - any takers ?

Re: How about a NYC L/F Club - Meet Up Group

sure. we meet most every sat. and go shooting. where you been? come along.

we have been out for the last 4-5 weeks running.

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ad.php?t=52912
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

It would be nice if I little notice would go up when these saturday trips are planned, or even a phone call. I have only seen one and that was the trip to PA. Where have the other 4-5 been?
    Arthur

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur,NYC View Post
    It would be nice if I little notice would go up when these saturday trips are planned, or even a phone call. I have only seen one and that was the trip to PA. Where have the other 4-5 been?
    Arthur
    I made one of these, but NYC is a little hard to get "around" when you consider time, traffic and distance. I agree advance notice would certainly make planning to attend easier, but I also understand the "spur of the moment" may make for quick plans. Hope to see some more posts about possible days out.

Arthur
    Quote Originally Posted by R Mann View Post
    I agree advance notice would certainly make planning to attend easier, but I also understand the "spur of the moment" may make for quick plans. Hope to see some more posts about possible days out.

we shoot almost every sat!

it is a bit frustrating as i post this stuff and NO ONE responds and shows up. i gave a almost a weeks notice about the last ST Pa. trip. not one single answer here or apug.

i am not going this sat. but i think one guy is going to shoot in wiliamsburg this sat. maybe more. if you all want to go post here and plan to shoot in wiliamsburg.
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Arthur
    1. NJ water front. (i even shot wet plate)
    2. brooklyn.
    3. ulster county.
    4. steam town pa 1
    5. steam town pa. 2
    6. ulster county.
    7. conn.

i go most every sat. email me if you have time on sat and i will tell you my plan

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Potential trip to the adirondaks

i will be in the Daks this fall for the fall colors. probably the whole week end.

based out of LP area or keene. i will camp. anywhere from 3-4 weeks from NOW!

i am not one of those people that plan too far ahead. IMO too much planning and a rigid itinerary ruins the fun of i all. i tease my german friends ads they have their trips planned top the min, the train, the hotel, and the exact tripod hole locations.

i am more seat of the pants. when i travel overseas i just show up. no hotel, no transportation tickets nothing. just the seat of my pants. more fun for me. others do not like such spontaneity.

wanna go? more notice this time but no specifics.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

too much coffee today

one last idea! why not plan to shoot on sat. tell US where you plan to go and we will come. use as much notice as you need. if we can not make it go shoot anyway!

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

as eddie said, a small group typically tries to shoot every weekend if weather permits. not much planning goes into this. many times we decide on friday night where to go on saturday. we met at the first group outing in central park that was set up by alec (2 years ago?).

i set up a couple of group outings in the past but have shied away from doing more because i can only go on saturdays and this seems to be too restrictive when trying to get a group together because many can only go on sundays. it is also difficult for me to commit to a date too far in advance.

as i said, most get togethers involve very little planning. a couple of weeks ago, eddie called on friday and said he saw an interesting ad in craigslist for a wooden box camera contraption that was located in brooklyn. eddie picked me up and we shot in brooklyn on saturday after seeing the wooden box. this works for us because none of us need much of a reason to go out and shoot.

i have shot at the following places in nyc recently but i want to go back so maybe you guys want to meet at one of these locations:

williamsburg, brooklyn: i want to take my big camera to shoot the wiliamsburg bridge bridge and some of the local architecture (russian church, sugar factory, views of manhattan, etc.).

staten island: i want to go back to historic richmond town. i would also recommend the fort at the verrazanno bridge.

i also want to go to the the high line and the wall street area.

if the weather improves, i will be in williamsburg tomorrow.

Pete what time? Where exactly would you be starting from?
    Arthur