Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Rest in Peace...Per Volquartz 1947-2011

Re: Rest in Peace...Per Volquartz 1947-2011

Very upsetting and sad news. Per and I had been corresponding about my spending some time with him while I was in LA. We had not yet met, but had spoken and corresponded about interspersing wine tasting with photographic pursuits. We joked that it was likely that the wine would probably take on more importance than the camera-and would certainly be more fun! I add my condolences to his family and his friends. Per was a considerable talent who was anxious to share his passion and his skill. Great artists and teachers have a gift that is unique. There is an unfillable void when such artists pass.

Elliot

Dam I just bought the 4 wheeler so I could get him out into the dunes in Tonopah to photograph te clear sand way back . I only had the one time with him in tonopah. He was quick to laugh and picked up the check one day for no reason .I wish to be more like him. I learned a lot in that meeting wish I had spent more time with him . My condolences to his family and friends . I need to go back to Tonopah next spring and light a fire in his remembrance. I think maybe a arrow with an image on it will work .To all that knew him . I am so sad

Very sad, my condolences to the family.

Steve Sherman

Real photographs are born wet !

www.PowerOfProcessTips.com

He would have liked that Craig .

Quote Originally Posted by madmax12 View Post
    Dam I just bought the 4 wheeler so I could get him out into the dunes in Tonopah to photograph te clear sand way back . I only had the one time with him in tonopah. He was quick to laugh and picked up the check one day for no reason .I wish to be more like him. I learned a lot in that meeting wish I had spent more time with him . My condolences to his family and friends . I need to go back to Tonopah next spring and light a fire in his remembrance. I think maybe a arrow with an image on it will work .To all that knew him . I am so sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Micheal Clark View Post
    He would have liked that Craig .
    I'd say let's do it - Tonopah 2012 and have a big bonfire for him at sand dunes.

Landscape/Still Life

I'm totally in for that as well Tonopah and Craig bring the 4 wheeler we discussed the same idea about using a 4 wheeler to get to certain areas quicker and easier so we all could get many great images!

We all had a great time with him!!!

Kevin Kolosky

May he rest in peace.

I was very fortunate to have corresponded with Per on many occasions years ago.
    He was always very helpful and willing to answer questions.

And I was very fortunate to purchase a lovely print from him of a negative he made at the Grand Canyon.

i thought we all would enjoy some photos of Per.

1st is Day one of the tonopah temptation.
    next two are at the club house inn tonopah
    last one is in goldfield Nv.

RIP our friend.
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

I never met or knew Per, though I've read many posts over the years that spoke glowingly of him, his work, and dedication to photography. He certainly gave back to the world sharing his talent and jest for sharing with others.

What a great role model for us all.

RIP Per.

Don Bryant

Hello Jim,

I just sent Linda Craig an email about the workshop in Santa Fe...

should it? could it? go ahead with Per in spirit?

Let me know your thoughts. I was to do some work with Per last Thursday as we planned. We spoke on Monday and he seemed to be on the mend. When I did not hear from him I had this terrible feeling and called and wrote to him everyday ...

Deeply saddened, Per touched so many of us photographically and as a dear friend.

julia